[Archive] The US released Big Hats with 2 handed weapons are for sale at eBay

clam:

These are some of the finest Big Hats ever.

As far as I know they were meant to be part of a chaos dwarf supplement for Warhammer Quest - but it never got a big release. They were only sold online from GWUS.

Both are in this lot from eBay.com:

Warhammer Chaos Dwarves - 8 OOP Chaos Dwarves

Item number: 160213184657

Seller: cyberspawn

Pyro Stick:

Damn its at £17 pounds already. I wont be able to bid on this unfortunately. Ill probably wait until one comes up seperately.

Hashut’s Blessing:

The ‘one handed’ weapons appear to be the same size, with bigger heads :smiley: But, I’ve never seen those models before. Actually, I may have done. Can’t remember if I have or not. Curses! :smiley:

clam:

Apparently there is a 3rd one (according to Warhammer Crazy) - and it’s for sale:

Fantasy Uureleaded Chaos Dwarf with Axa # 3 Rare "OOP

Item number: 160214302153  

Seller: battle-zone (Warhammer Crazy)

And this one is sold from France

UNreleased Chaos dwarf UNpainted limited Ltd

Item number: 320223763252  

Seller: yomihann

Pyro Stick:

I think that top one is a fake casting. Someone has changed the hat and made their own.

cornixt:

As Pyro Stick says. It has the hat from one of the blunderbuss models. Check for the extra mould lines

Xander:

It’s an obvious change too because both of those Chaos Dwarfs have stout hats by comparison to other warriors.

clam:

So you think that somebody has been re-sculpting the original model and casted it then. :o

And somebody is going to pay £10,49 for it. One word: Scam

metro_gnome:

um… yes…

watch yourself children… all that is hatted is not CD…

tho its an interesting recast that I’d put on the table…

but not for 11 pounds…

clam:

but not for 11 pounds...

metro_gnome
How about £70,00 then :sick :sick :sick

Here please be my guest

Somebody must know something, that we don't - and truely belive that this is a genuine rarity. I really hope there are right about that.

cornixt:

I think it is more what they don’t know than what they do know. A load of these came up last year, about 10 went for £20

angryboy2k:

The recast versions were obviously recasts for at least two reasons:

1. Their hats are very clearly straight from the blunderbuss guys, while their bodies are just CDA and CDB.
2. They have been sold in bizarre quantities of 8 of one and 2 of the other at various times by various sellers, all using the SAME stock picture.

However, and I’d really like EVERYONE to be clear on this, the “double mold-line” issue is NOT an indicator of a recast, nor is an indicator of a recast in these particular models. Before GW started using resin to make masters, it was a possibility for every single model to have double mold-lines, because production models were second generation copies of the greens.

In other words, after a green was made, a master mold was pressed from the green, and production molds were made from these master miniatures (which were usually cast in a harder alloy than the production figures). If the masters were not meticulously cleaned up, it was possible to get double mold lines in the production figures.

Anyway, at one time I owned one of each of these models, and I was lucky enough to have one of the originals to compare it to. Not only were there no additional mold-lines to speak of, but the size was also virtually the same and there was absolutely minimal loss in quality. In short, they were VERY well made and you’d be hard pressed to spot them as counterfeits other than by having observed eBay auctions over a long period of time. Not that I know anyone who’s such an anorak as to do that. Ahem.

I can only wish that mine had sold for seventy quid each.

Steve

Pyro Stick:

but not for 11 pounds...

metro_gnome
How about £70,00 then :sick :sick :sick

Here please be my guest

Somebody must know something, that we don't - and truely belive that this is a genuine rarity. I really hope there are right about that.

clam
*twitch twitch* I checked that this morning and it was only £11!!! This is ridicolous! Warhammer Crazy seems to be the one that buys and then sells them all.

clam:

More recasts (I think) - this time it’s a Drummer’s Big Hat:

Lot of 4 Chaos Dwarves High Hats Warhammer rare oop

Item number: 150224655249

Seller: warpaintstudio

cornixt:

Those are much worse quality recasts. I expect the hat to come from a blunderbuss model, although I think they are probably exactly the same anyway.

metro_gnome:

wow 70 pounds…
I saw a legit one go for 30 this morning… pretty tempting…

wallacer:

It’s a wonder they don’t just recast a siege cannon or juggernaut.

They’d make a fortune.

angryboy2k:

Sigh…

I’m not interested in the big hat recasts at all, but I’d really like a pair of the small hat guys for my Mordheim warband.

And I can’t believe theessexgirl bid 26 quid on that one from France (eBay item bid history) . God only knows what she thinks she can resell it for, but I don’t value the damn things at more than half that price each.

Steve