[Archive] The White Dwarf

Willmark:

Holy Crap! Once again Grim manages to create kick ass models, mine suck in comparison!

Grimstonefire:

The shield was sculpted ontop of some old container I had. I have tried casting shields before, but because I’m only doing it amataurish I can’t cast stuff that’s too thin.

If/ when I get a centrifugal casting machine I will definately do a whole range of shields to sell.

Although this will probably rank as one of my favourite ‘easy’ conversions if I do a decent paint job, its certainly nowhere near my hardest. Only about 20% of the model is sculpted on this one, compared to about 85% on my CD hero/ lord (my avatar). I’ve done several dwarf sculpts as well that were a lot harder for various reasons.

Pyro Stick:

when I get a centrifugal casting machine I will definately do a whole range of shields to sell.

Grimstonefire
Not just a whole range of shields, a whole range of chaos dwarfs!! YOU HAVE TOO!!!

AGPO:

You should open your own webshop grimstonefire, selling casts of your models. I would definately buy a few of most of the models you have done.

Pyro Stick
Unfortunately he can only do that if they are 100% his own sculpt. Truly awesome Grim, I don't normally approve of the use of limited edition models for conversions but this is a most definate exception. I like it that yo went back to the old WD face from WD 300 rather than the current model held up by Bugman and Gotrex

Arlon:

looks just like

http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/prcodes/pr12WhiteDwarf.htm

the white dwarf mini but with a sheild

Kera foehunter:

i cant wait till you do a pirate !! hint hint.

wallacer:

The intricate detail is what makes it.

You must have an incredibly steady hand.

Pyro Stick:

looks just like
http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/prcodes/pr12WhiteDwarf.htm
the white dwarf mini but with a sheild

Arlon
Thats basically what AGPO was saying. The 30th aniversary white dwarf with the WD 300 face.

Cotter:

Wow, I am impressed. Really. I mean… wow. Hats off to you! :hat off

Grimstonefire:

Much as I wanted to get this painted ASAP for an intersite painting competition (Bugmans and Slayer Brotherhood V Da Warpath), I would have run out of time. I’m moving house next week and will be packing up everything.

After painting the actual entry and my GH#4 Slaves I will finish this.

AGPO:

On tender hooks Grim. You really should give up the day job - proffesional sculpting beckons, is Gary Morely’s job still going…?