[Archive] The Wiki Thread

Xander:

Yep, that’s the idea.

To learn the formatting just edit a sample page that is complete already.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ll do that when I have more time, for now though, I can just get the info up. :slight_smile:

Ellimist:

Heh. Who made a page for “The Police?”

Hashut’s Blessing:

I believe that was Kyte. You can view recent changes and it’ll say whom changed it. If they weren’t logged into the wiki, it’ll say their IP address.

Xander:

Ya, Kyte loves the police. :stuck_out_tongue: But we since got inter-wiki links working… so I doubt the page is needed any longer.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Oh right, cool. Fair enough.

metro_gnome:

these wiki tags are pretty cool… but they do require some thought…

im wondering how difficult it would be to put something in place like they have at warseer…

when you use an abbeviation like “LOL” it is linked to something that explains what that means…

its a pretty new thing… but i think you can tailor them to your needs…

its not flawless… i know everytime i complain about “armed to da teef”… the “da” gets explained as “dark angels”…

but all the same if you could set up an automatic refrence to the wiki it would do wonders…

Xander:

...but all the same if you could set up an automatic reference to the wiki it would do wonders...

metro_gnome
Yes, for certain words we could do that. It becomes slightly more difficult if people already use the wiki tags however. Example, if we replace all "Kollossus" with wiki]Kollossus/wiki], then all wiki]Kollossus/wiki] will become wiki]wiki]Kollossus/wiki]/wiki]. So I will have to work out the correct "regular expression" to sort that out, maybe if I search for " Kollossus " with a leading and trailing space... yes, that would work... well, then I solved the problem as I typed... Hehe.

So what words/terms do we want flagged?

Ravening Hordes?
Kollossus?
Immortal(s)?
Daemonology?

Name some more and we will add them. :)

Hashut’s Blessing:

So, basically, are you saying we should have a glossary of terms?

metro_gnome:

well isnt the wiki a glossary of terms?
i think whatever you have a wiki entry on ought to be flagged in this manner…
so that nearly every post refers to the wiki…
it would certainly be helpful in advertising the wiki…

Hashut’s Blessing:

So many wiki words in one post!