[Archive] The Word of Hashut - Issue #3

dedwrekka:

Actually, Star Wars has different levels of Canon: anything of higher level can freely ignore lower level stuff if the author desires. That's why the films just contradict loads of stuff that people had been writing in novels.

Thommy H
Actually that's because they just let people run wild with the Star Wars title, and Spielberg put it bluntly that he wasn't involved in the writing of the novels.
More to the point, WHFRP is a different game, written by different people. Games Workshop licenses it and looks over it to make sure it doesn't have too many blatant contradictions, but it's essentially about the same level as Black Library novels. You can't always take everything at face value. I'm not aware of Warhammer even having an official "canon", but if they do have one, Cornixt's summary of it is correct.
If they have an official cannon it's in a giant tome with lock on it, burried somewhere in the vaults of GW HQ.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Although I’ve only read the first 3 pages (damn computer) it great well done

Thommy H:

Spielberg put it bluntly that he wasn't involved in the writing of the novels.
Uh...you mean George Lucas, right?

al-hashut:

Only had the chance to flick through and read a couple of pages (its high exam time in France at the mo) but what a great webzine. Such a vast improvement on issue one. Congrats to anyone who contributed and the editing staff, really looking forward to the next one. It just keeps getting better and better

Grimstonefire:

Lol. I did my job of starting a thread over at the underempire, and Sojourn got a marriage proposal from a rat… :slight_smile:

The Underempire - Battlefield Hacks

Willmark:

Somehow I’m thinking that is a step down :wink:

I’m also thinkng that Grim missed post #46; it’s ok Dude :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Sojourn, don;t worry, we’ll find someone/thing else sharpish for ya. Wait, we’ll find something sharp for ya instead lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Willmark:

I’m thing a bikini could really get the page hits up!

Viskar Zhragoth:

Dedwrekka: I know they did not use to let them run wild…each author was given a specific point in a timeline and they were allowed to create things in that area of the universe in that timeline, but they could not affect anything else - and at one time, Lucas’s company did look over them quite a bit…Timothy Zahn explained that after a seminar once…of course that was 1996 or 1997, so maybe it has changed now…But knowing how tight Lucas holds onto Star Wars…I doubt it…Only Willmark has that ability…:slight_smile:

If they have an official cannon it’s in a giant tome with lock on it, burried somewhere in the vaults of GW HQ.
GW did at one time have two big books with the “canon” in them…they let the authors view them at one time…though according to the black library scribes, that is not the case so much anymore…it is now…and I got to see some of it in Andy Jones’ office one time…

Look here: http://www.vectormagazine.co.uk/article.asp?articleID=42

Also a good history of the history of the warhammer novels!

Sad thing is I remember all of that…

And to Sojourn: See, we’ll use anything to get our message out :wink:

Willmark:

Excellent folks keep it up, I have been looking and we need to get more of the Word out (pardon the pun) the undead forums need someone promoting them so if you signed up to do so in the grand Unification Thread please do so now.

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9544

Hashut’s Blessing:

Fine, I’ll get my bikini out again, but I’m telling you, I don’t want that much attention!

Baggronor:

Fine, I'll get my bikini out again, but I'm telling you, I don't want that much attention!
"Again"? When was the last time ?:o

Hashut’s Blessing:

Baggranor, you don’t wanna know :wink: We had to get funds for the website SOMEhow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Willmark:

Fine, I'll get my bikini out again, but I'm telling you, I don't want that much attention!
"Again"? When was the last time ?:o

Baggronor
you don't want to know... seriously you don't.... ;)

Sojourn:

yah, HB and I have matching bikinis…

anything to get the word of CDO out there! :stuck_out_tongue:

slev:

My download seems to keep crashing out. The file I get claims to be 22.7MB.

And if we are putting HB & Sojurn in bikinis for issue 4, they really need big hats as well.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I have two Golden hats for such an occassion. Sojourn, back to the bikini cave!

Willmark:

Slev- try the low rez link then it’s only 6-7 mb.

dedwrekka:

Spielberg put it bluntly that he wasn't involved in the writing of the novels.
Uh...you mean George Lucas, right?

Thommy H
Damn, I always get those two mixed up for some reason. Yes I meant Lucas.

Willmark:

Updated with some corrections and a few photo swaps.