[Archive] Theforgefather's Chaos Dwarf LoA Blog!

theforgefather:

I am putting new stuff on the front page now, in a Wallacer style, in order to keep the blog in a neatish layout!

Hi guys,

My list: (still need to do magic on banners etc…)

Lords

Sorcerer-prophet�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�405pts

Lvl4 wizard, Lore of Hashut, Armour of Bazherak the Cruel, Black Hammer of Hashut, The Blood of Hashut.

Heroes

Infernal Castellan�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…132pts

Great Weapon, Shield, Pistol, mask of the furnace, BSB

Hobgoblin Khan�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.48pts

Light armour, additional hand weapon, shield

Core

24 infernal guard�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.327pts

Musician, Standard Bearer, Deathmask, pistol, naptha bomb.

20 infernal guard�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.254pts

Fireglaives, Musician, Standard Bearer, Deathmask, pistol.

40 Hobgoblin Cutthroats�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.�?��?��?�…222pts

Additional Hand Weapons, Shields, Murder Boss, Standard bearer, Musician

40 hobgoblin Cutthoats�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�222pts

Bows, Murder boss, Standard bearer, Musician

Special

10 Infernal Ironsworn�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�195pts

Musician, standard bearer, Deathmask

Deathshrieker Missile Launcher�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.125pts

Hellbound

Whole army shot (excluding my warmachine because of GH17)

I rebased them, becuase they have to be on 20mm bases, so they are on their way from eBay

These are older CD warrior conversions, now converted more! :wink:

Newer ones

WIP shot

Bull Centaur Taur’ruk

Infernal Castellan:

Astragoth:

Lord:

Daemonsmith/warmachine crewman

WIP hobbgoblins

Spider riders as proxied wolf raiders:

WIP thane conversion

K’daai test model from foam

Hobbo WIPs

Khan WIP

Troll

Thanks

Theforgefather

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

ryanamandaanna:

That Astrogoth looks very nice!

theforgefather:

I have some more pics!

there is a completed astragoth, with his converted back, because I didn’t want a demon face on his back.

astragoth:

I got some more green stuff today, so a lot more will be done on my bull centaurs. I will try to post some WIP pics next post.:cheers

ChungEssence:

Looking good.

Looks a little similar to my Astragoth

Nicodemus:

Here you go!

Embedding you images in the page is much more viewer-friendly. Here’s what I used:

I just edited your above link from this:
http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l484/theforgefather/?action=view¤t=DSCF1582.jpg
to this
http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l484/theforgefather/DSCF1582.jpg
and then used the IMG tag to resize it from 1024x768 to half of that size.

How to Resize Pictures

:hat off

~N

vulcanologist:

Great stuff. Really like your Astrogoth looking forward to seeing your army

Slowly grow!

theforgefather:

I got my CD musician in the post today, and I would post some pics up, but we haven’t unpacked the camera yet.

theforgefather:

do any of you know what the little blob is on astragoth’s moustach is? I spotted it ages ago, but forgot to ask anyone.

JMR:

please consider that I have lost my hobby knife/sculpting tool, so all of the bull centaurs, and the bloodbowl conversions have been done with clippers!

theforgefather
Go buy some tools then! Having the right tools is half of the work when it comes to sculpting. The other half is practice, practice, practice! It seems like you're doing well with the practice part :)

I'd suggest getting one or maybe two metal sculpting tools and a clay shaper or two. The latter is great for pushing green-stuff around as it doesn't stick to the clay shaper and they are excellent for when you want to create smooth surfaces.
Honestly, clay shapers were a true eye-opener for me. I can't recommend them enough. In Holland I could only find them under the name of "colour shapers" or somesuch, so here's a google'd picture so you know what I'm talking about:

Good luck and keep at it!

cornixt:

do any of you know what the little blob is on astragoth's moustach is? I spotted it ages ago, but forgot to ask anyone.

theforgefather
A long tooth from the lower jaw.

theforgefather:

…Go buy some tools then!..

I only realised that it was missing on monday, and being only 12 years old, I spend 6-7 hours a day at school, and the rest of my time is taken up with homework, painting, sleeping or eating! So I don’t get a chance to buy anything until saturday, but I am out of money at the moment. And I can’t even ask my local GW if I could borrow a sculpting tool, because last week, they were told that they couldn’t let under 16’s buy/use one.

theforgefather:

To replace the temporary sculpting equipment that I have, I have tried again with a pin!

what do you think? I took some inspiration from tjub with these guys:

and him:

the fire is actually surprisingly easy to sculpt (even with a pin!:))

this was my first go at doing a full-face Cd sculpt, and I was a little disappointed with the eyes/cheeks/nose. I still need to do some more work on the flames coming from his axes.

consructive critisms would be nice! :slight_smile:

tjub:

I find the best way to go to take your time and sculpt in small steps. Do a few details and then leave it to dry so you dont mess them up. And use water on your sculpting tool. The clay shapers are wonderful as well… :slight_smile:

Also have a look at Xanders video tutorials, I found them really usefull when I started.

vulcanologist:

Listen to Tjub that’s the best advice I can give you!

theforgefather:

thanks. I do wet my tools before using, but I didn’t think about leaving them between layers to dry. I will try it when painting this evening before i go to scouts. I guess that way you can mass produce them.

tjub:

I usually work with 3-5 at the time. That way I can do say the beards on all of them, the next day the hats and so on…

theforgefather:

I went into gw today, and everyone was very impressed with my cd champion with the flames on his hat, but I was very dissapointed when they told me that I had to use the tamurkhan throne of chaos book not WoC:(:frowning:

theforgefather:

hi guys, sorry that I haven’t been on for a while. I got so caught up with all of my homework, that I completely forgot about CDO (shame!):frowning:

I have some more wip and painted pictures of my big hat CDs.

EDIT: i have redone the gs mouth on the musician cos it looked rubbish

gIL^:

Good work buddy, I would very much consider sculpting tools you will see a big improvement.

theforgefather:

I would very much consider sculpting tools

gIL^
well, im out of money now, but christmas isn't far away now, so any money will probably go on real sculpting tools.