[Archive] Theforgefather's Chaos Dwarf LoA Blog!

theforgefather:

who thinks that i should start another blog of my other warhammer stuff?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Is it Chaos Dwarf related?

Grimbold Blackhammer

theforgefather:

warriors of chaos (When I get more after christmas), and other little bits and peices that I would like your opinions on. Or could any of you suggest any WoC forums?

Zanko:

Or could any of you suggest any WoC forums?

theforgefather
What about the Chamber of the Everchosen "related" with us in the Chaos Star!

Personally I have no experiences with these guys but someone here at CDO will surely have and can tell you!

:hashut

ryanamandaanna:

I don’t know why they wouldn’t let you proxy Chaos Dwarfs as WoC, so long as you use movement trays that have the correct footprint size…

theforgefather:

I don't know why they wouldn't let you proxy Chaos Dwarfs

ryanamandaanna
because the manager has a no proxy rule. But if I had a large enough Woc army,I might get away with the one squad and they let people use any chaos related lords/heroes, because one staff member uses a mm90 cd as his tzeench sorcerer.

thanks for the website info.

theforgefather:

hi guys,

sorry for the lack of updates recentley. the poor picture quality is because it’s hard to tell on my camera!

here are some pictures to explain why: (it’s not much cos’ i’m a slow painter!)

it looks way less rough in real life, the lighting messed everything up

sarcastic tone of voice

who can guess what this is?

a close up:

mortarion (deathguard primarch):

powder monkey!

I will have changed my profile picture by the end of the week.

theforgefather:

In fact, I need your opinions!

should I do my oyl***ic (hehe) torch bearer, astragoth, or CD unit champion?

ryanamandaanna:

I think currently your Astrogoth looks the best.

Castellan:

Those OOP Warriors look pretty nice. The bases look good too. What will be next?

-Castellan

theforgefather:

next up will be cannons(in the far future!, dreadfleet and renegade CD’s.

theforgefather:

who is finding it annoying about all of those websites shuting down in protest against some government thing for 12 hours?

furrie:

who is finding it annoying about all of those websites shuting down in protest against some government thing for 12 hours?

theforgefather
I agree its very annoying and thus the protest proves it point.

theforgefather:

I know that my blog has been dead for a loooooooonnnnnnnggggg time now, but i never posted the finished minis:

you might be seeing more from me in the far future, as i am planning on getting LoA CD’s!

thanks

theforgefather

vulcanologist:

I would stick with the ones you’re doing they’re definately coming along nicely!

theforgefather:

thanks
I mean I would use LoA rules, and I might actually use these as command, and norm FW CDs or GW dwarfs with helmets. or i could use the pin technique all the way through. the only problem is that WHSmiths, which seems to be the only place in town that sells pins in that shape, but they don’t fit on very well, are too skinny, rounded bottom, and easily break due to bad build quality.

vulcanologist:

You can buy push pins at the supermarket. If you’re still on a budget FW dwarfs aren’t the way to go. I still think you should stick with the style you’re doing!

Zanko:

I agree with vulcanologist - build the CDs in your own style and don’t follow the liking of others! :wink:

I think your conversions are quite good - much better than my own attempts - and with some more experiences they will become better and better! :cheers

:hashut

theforgefather:

I know that my blog has been dead for a loooooooonnnnnnnggggg time now, but i never posted the finished minis:

you might be seeing more from me in the far future, as i am planning on getting LoA CD’s!

thanks

theforgefather

vulcanologist:

I would stick with the ones you’re doing they’re definately coming along nicely!