[Archive] Theming weapons for chaos gods

Grimstonefire:

So I’m curious what you all think about this.

If you run through the chaos gods, what weapon do you typically imagine their followers using.

So for me its:

Slaanesh = swords/ flails
Nurgle = something heavy and blunt like a mace
Khorne = Axe/ sword
Tzeentch = ???

Skink:

I would add scythes and pickaxes to Nurgle, and multi-colored flaming weapons to Tzeentch. Slaanesh seems to be at ease with whips as well…

Baggronor:

Khorne: Axes, great axes, broadswords. Manly weapons for men, probably large, hairy men, things that Conan would use.

Nurgle: Heavy spiked maces, flails, scythes, cleavers. Brutal, abrupt weapons, often with other uses. A kind of horror movie edge that comes from repurposing farming implements (scythes) or cooking instruments (cleavers) into weapons - like with Glottkin. Pragmatism and a dark sense of humour.

Slaanesh: Single-edged swords, single-edged two-handed swords, whips, halberds, glaives, spears, daggers. Finesse cutting/stabbing weapons that can show off skill, grace and subtlety.

Tzeentch: Swords, halberds, maces, staves. Ornate, almost ceremonial weapons befitting a sorcerer.

Grimstonefire:

I’ve been wondering if bio weapons like the tyranid bone sword would be good for Tzeentch? Arms mutated into weapons.

RiTides:

I think that could be fantastic! Lord of change, after all :). Just as long as they are somewhat elegant looking, so-as not to cross into Nurgle mutation territory.

Skink:

I think that could be fantastic! Lord of change, after all :). Just as long as they are somewhat elegant looking, so-as not to cross into Nurgle mutation territory.

RiTides
Yep, fully agree. Also, Tyranid is cool, but you'd have to greenstuff the bits pretty extensively, otherwise they would just look like... Well... Tyranid scything talons (or what's their name nowadays).

Grimstonefire:

I was thinking something that looks like a sword at the business end, that would be painted metal.

Abecedar:

More like having the sword grafted to his arm than an actual mutation?

Mivrash Faz:

What about Hashut?:hashut Axes? Maybe Blunderbusses?

Grimstonefire:

When I think of Hashut weapons I think more of the shape than the type.  I imagine endless ranks with weapons that have come off a factory line assembly.  But being Dwarfs in origin I guess hammers and axes are the typical weapons.

And the signature BB, as you say.

@Abecedar

No, an actual mutation that is skin one end and metal the other. Blame Tzeentch.

Abecedar:

I’m trying to think of the right words but am struggling this morning. Picture the “forearm” mutation made of bone or keratin etc that projects forward with the swords edges bonded to it maybe.

Mivrash Faz:

When I think of Hashut weapons I think more of the shape than the type.  I imagine endless ranks with weapons that have come off a factory line assembly.  But being Dwarfs in origin I guess hammers and axes are the typical weapons.

And the signature BB, as you say.

@Abecedar

No, an actual mutation that is skin one end and metal the other.  Blame Tzeentch.

Grimstonefire
Definitely, mass produced but quality made. Massive forges endlessly spewing out arms and armour.

MadHatter:

For Hashut it’s hammers for lords and axes for warriors, in the 4th ed range only the lord on great taurus has a hammer, in LoA as the Black Hammer :slight_smile:

Surely a weapon-type signifying a lofty position!

Mivrash Faz:

For Hashut it's hammers for lords and axes for warriors, in the 4th ed range only the lord on great taurus has a hammer, in LoA as the Black Hammer :)

Surely a weapon-type signifying a lofty position!

MadHatter
Don't forget swords. I have a big hat that has a scimitar he's definitely a leader.