[Archive] Things are about to get...chaotic. Torped's Chaos Dorfs army, WIP

Torped:

To further motivate myself, I decided to start the log, as I need one dedicated to a single army to keep my attention. So far, my army consists of 23 Black Orcs, 40 odd hobgoblins, an Earthshaker, two bolt throwers, two sorcerers and a lord. Most of which is unpainted/being painted.

Here is my almost done Chaos Dwarf lord, made from the Skull Pass thane, some skulls, and several blobs of green stuff, the majority of which was spent practicing making beards.

Before I go any further, let me explain all the skulls. In order to prove the WFB is more grimdark than 40k, I challenged one of my friends (mainly plays 40k) to an ‘out grimdark’ contest. As such, my entire army will have skulls on their bases.

Here is the standard bearer for my Black Orc unit:

And this is a model that may or may not be included in my army, as he currently serves as the mini for one of my player’s characters in our WFRP campaign:

Khan!:

Cool lord conversion! I like the ‘evil crozius arcanum’ look for sure.

Your

Torped:

Got to work on my Lamassu/manticore conversion, seen below:

I used parts form the Dark Elf manitcore, Karl Franz on Griffon, and Skull Pack sets. Looking through some pictures and reading up on what a lamassu is, I noticed that sometimes they have a lion’s features, so instead of a beard, I sculpted a dreadlock mane . I also saw how most of the statues of them have feathered wings instead of damonic ones, so I took the wings form Deathclaw the Griffon and green stuffed them into place. The green stuff still needs a fair bit of polish, but this is a WIP. In keeping with my grimdark competition, I decorated the lamassu’s mane with skulls, and plan to have a fair number of them on the base.

Here are a few painted, and almost based, Black Orcs:

And on his especially skully base is the unit champion:

tjub:

Im not sold on the feathered wings, a matter of personal taste. But other than that it all looks good! Is the CD on the Lammasus base there for scale of will it be a part of the model? Would look cool if he had some kind of chain to it, keeping him as a huge pet… :slight_smile:

Torped:

The guy on the base is going to be using the lamassu as a mount, though I like your idea about having the dorf have the lamassu on a leash. But if lamassu are supposed to be holy symbols of Hashut, wouldn’t it be better if the dwarf was on a leash instead?

Fequiil:

The guy on the base is going to be using the lamassu as a mount, though I like your idea about having the dwarf have the lamassu on a leash. But if lamassu are supposed to be holy symbols of Hashut, wouldn't it be better if the dwarf was on a leash instead?

Torped
dwarfs with leashes... makes me think of an old thread about a man who was BBQing...

Torped:

Some update on the first unit of great weapon CDW:

Basically every dwarf in the unit is being re-done, as I’ve gotten a bit better and beards, so this unit is going to take a fare bit longer than I though, with having to redo the green stuffing on about half of them

I’m using Blood Bowl CDs for wizards, so to distinguish each, I’m gonna custom base them. This is my Death Wizard, mounted on a mass of skulls pulled forward by undead arms

On a side note, I started work on an “Incan Dwarf”, using a slayer as a base. Added a scale loincloth and fur cape with green stuff, and am planning to replace the axes with some Lizzie obsidian weapons. Check out these poorly focused pics!

nitroglysarine:

Great Hashut! now that is progress!!

Good work!

that guy:

keep on truckin’ man!

Not sure if those huge guage ear piercing things and lip plates are an incan thing but they could look good on your dwarfs under the circumstances.

Big ole’ african spear chucker masks in the vein of tiki most assuredly are not Incan but in my opinion that sort of thing always looks good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like where your at and where your going.Keep us posted

Torped:

Well, the entire army isn’t incan, just the one model, he’s a side project.

Torped:

Hey everyone, back from my hiatus, with a of mantic Abyssal Dwarfs. Pics will be up in a bit

Alright here we go, unpainted but assembled around 10 dwarfs, including the Lords and Heroes

The wizard/lord

Steam punk power armor man has been publicized to death so no picture of him.

Warriors:

nitroglysarine:

Mantic, i feel all warm inside :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: