Kera foehunter:

i want to say to the friends here this is my last post

im leaving the site ! it came down to this

so i want to tell everyone good -by

divide the slave to all the members

cheers * kera hold up a bottle take a drink

and sail away *

Loki:

Sorry to hear that Kera, i lift my pint of grog to you may the sea be knid to you were ever you go

Ubertechie:

i want to say to the friends here this is my last post
im leaving the site ! it came down to this
so i want to tell everyone good -by
divide the slave  to all the members
cheers * kera  hold up a bottle  take a drink  
and sail away *

Kera foehunter
May we ask why ?

Canix:

Sorry to hear that! We would miss you if you left as you bought alot of yourself to the forum :o All the best whatever happens ,heres a shanty for you

Kera sailed into port and hoistened up the flag

She entertained but while we slept she left with all the swag

She had partied with the pirates long into the night

With a yo ho ho on the left and parrot on the right

then suddenly she had gone leaving all quite sad

for when we awoke this morning she’d drunk all the rum we had

Sojourn:

Kera, you are being unreasonable about all of this.

Xander:

Kera cited one of the main reasons for leaving was the incident with Grimstonefire.

:confused:

Ubertechie:

Kera cited one of the main reasons for leaving was the incident with Grimstonefire.

:/

Xander
Oh I wasnt even aware there was an incident - care to illuminate us ?

Xander:

:/

Xander
Oh I wasnt even aware there was an incident - care to illuminate us ?

Ubertechie
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9985

Thommy H:

So we’re now making a fuss about people making a fuss over something ridiculous and irrelevant?

Sojourn:

So we're now making a fuss about people making a fuss over something ridiculous and irrelevant?

Thommy H
yah... it appears that way. it's gotten VERY out of hand. and it's VERY upsetting. :(

GRNDL:

Thommy, just because YOU find something irrelevant, doesn’t mean others do, or should. Have some respect.

Thommy H:

I think you misunderstood me, GRNDL.

Grimstonefire made a topic about something which shouldn’t have bothered anyone in the slightest. People made a fuss about it. Grim got upset that people got upset, and then Kera got upset that people were upsetting Grim.

So someone is making a fuss about someone making a fuss about something silly.

Why are we still feeling the after-effects of such a pointless little tiff on the forum? Nobody cares about post count. The very idea that this would lead to one of the most prominent members of the forum packing their bags is beyond insane.

Sojourn:

ahhh Thommy… Thommy Thommy Thommy…

you poor thing. You’re engaged, right? lol, you have much to learn about us women :wink: The CRAZIEST little things matter, like a scuff mark on our shoes. while we could care less if, for example, a war broke out in our backyard.

but yes, ultimately the reasoning for Kera’s departure is silly.

starscream:

I dont get it, I just read through that thread and cant see anything that upset anyone let alone kera.

This has always been a close-knit community and thats one of the things I love about this site. Whats going on?

Thommy H:

This is my understanding of the situation, based on a short PM conversation I had with Kera at the time:

- Grim came up with an idea.

- Some people didn’t like the idea.

- Grim was pressured to back down by those people and apologised.

- Kera felt that, while the situation was silly, it would have been nice if some other staff had supported Grim instead of allowing him to take all the flak himself.

Personally, I doubt Grim even cared that much, but obviously it was a problem for Kera.

Willmark:

Starscream- Growing pains and differences of opinions.

Ubertechie:

Whilst this is a sad episode and its root cause is something that to many of us seems rather unimportant (although I can understand Kera sentiment if not her reaction).

I think that ongoing online discussion around this does the forum no good - I feel that this thread should be deleleted and that people should PM Kera there feelings and that the staff should try and resolve this behind closed doors.

The perception of a new user coming to the forum clicking in ‘todays post’ and reading this is nto what we want to set for CDO

anyway thats my two-penneth worth

Xander:

I am not a fan of deleting threads, or locking them.

I hate censorship. If there is a real need for members to discuss this, they are welcome to it, in my view.

Thommy’s summary of events is quite accurate. Kera said to me that she holds the staff responsible for what happened to Grim. I messaged Grim after the incident, and honestly, like Thommy said, he didn’t care. He merely stated he was trying to do right, and was misunderstood. He said he would lay low for a while, and that’s what he plans to do. He did not want it made into a spectacle. And now Kera seems to want to make it a spectacle, which sucks. It’s not what Grim wanted.

Lord Archaon:

totally agree with Ubertechie in this matter.

Loki:

like wise Lord Archaon