[Archive] Time for me! ;)

Patryk:

Ok, here they are. Just 2 of them, still 18 to go, but those are rather test models. Missing gap filling + some tuning of beards and axes.

What do u think?

furrie:

the beards need more volume, but the rest looks nice

Willmark:

Simple yet effective. I’ll echo the “more needed on the beards” part

Hashut’s Blessing:

I like how you’ve done the beards, but as above more volume is needed. If you like the single braid, just have the top of it fill the whole of the underside of the helmet and peter out into the thinner braid. Also, the left model’s right arm (holding the axe), looks unnatural at that angle. Tilt it forward again and it’ll look fine.

Patryk:

So I will need to use GS, won’t I? Is there a possibility of not using any green stuff (except gap filling)?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Unless you can find the right shaped pieces of hair, I doubt it. You may get away with using the grass underneath the old barded horse models turned upside down, but then you’d have to buy a whole hores. try it. You’d be surprised how weel you can do with GS.

Patryk:

I can paint, quite well (6,5-7 on CMON) but still I have never used GS for more complicated stuff than filling gaps or making small pieces of miniature (like muscle connecting two parts).

I will try soon and for sure I will post completed dwarf here.

Thanks for advices :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

If you can sculpt muscle, you can sculpt two tiny triangles of beard either side of that braid :smiley:

Patryk:

You mean something like that? I can do that!

Hashut’s Blessing:

There ya go. That’s what I was trying to get at, but obviously didn’t explain it well the first time.

Kera foehunter:

i love the pony tail beards !!i love that version of dwarfs you can do so much with them.

Great job Patryk