[Archive] Total Army Cost: 2499.0

Glimpse the Void:

Hey guys, I’ve been away to long but I’ve been lurking and following your conversations.  I’ve even been squeezing in some modeling and painting.  This is my first attempt at a list with the new rules, and I would love to hear what you guys think about it.  I’ve yet to play a game with these rules, and I don’t even know what models I really want.

2,500 Legion for the FLGS

1 Dwarf Vader (Sorcerer-Prophet)

General; Lore of Death; Magic Level 4; Blood of Hashut; Darkforged Weapon;

Blackshard Armour

The Mask of the Furnace (1+ / 4+)

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer @ 155.0 Pts

Lore of Fire; Magic Level 2; Darkforged Weapon; Blackshard Armour

Dispel Scroll

1 Army Standard Bearer (Infernal Castellan)

Fireglaives; Blackshard Armour; Battle Standard

29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (The Death Star)

Fireglaives; Blackshard Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

Razor Standard [Armor penetration for the win?]

38 Hobgoblin Cutthroats @ 156.0 Pts (Meat Shield 1)

Throwing Knives; Light Armour; Musician

38 Hobgoblin Cutthroats @ 156.0 Pts (Meat Shield 2)

Throwing Knives; Light Armour; Musician

1 Dreadquake Mortar (we make it rain)

3 Chaos Dwarf Crew

1 Slave Ogre  

rpitts2004:

Are you going to be using the giant train dread quakes or convert your own?

CopperPot:

You definately need to take the slave ogre he will give you three more wounds giving a total of six wounds he will enable you to fire every shooting phase aswell due to the slow reload rule of the dreadquake.

Glimpse the Void:

I’ve got my own conversion going, though there is a part of me that is really tempted to buy 2x hell cannons now that there is a plastic kit.

CopperPot:

I was going to convert my own Dreadquake I’m glad I bought the model expensive, but what a model.

Lovely centerpiece to my army.

Glimpse the Void:

It does look fantastic. I wish I had that kind of hobby cheddar. Also, part of me wants to arrange this to work some Blunderbuss in. Do you guys see where I might scronge up some points for a horde of these guys? I dont think I’d run less than 25…

CopperPot:

Swap the fireglaives for them I dont know anyone that likes them, if you can pay for two new hellcannons why not just get the Dreadquake with the new rules coming out for the Hellcannon it’s going to made weaker.

Glimpse the Void:

Oh, I’m in love with the Dreadquake rules, and I really want a pair of them. If I were to buy hell cannons, I would use them to count as dreadquakes.

And, I’m really surprised to hear that no one like fire glaives. I’ll have to do some play testing and find out which I like more…

khedyarl:

I actually run a unit of ten glaives as a bodyguard for my Warmachines if I’m not running a Hellcannon. Keeps fast calv and most other Warmachine hunters at bay.