[Archive] Toy Story Marines

speedygogo:

Like most of us I buy lots of crap on ebay.  I’ve been collecting space marines recently and many of them are damaged/ruined beyond use.  However, I foigured out a way to salvage these lost souls of the emperor, by converting them into buzz lightyear like marines.  Eventually I hope the have at least a 1500 point army of these guys.

Here’s some examples of the what the marines look like initially:

My Buzz Light year conversion:

I’m planning on making all the troops in this proposed army all look like buzz lightyear.  The units will be painted with themed colors.  For example my assault marines are going to be red and my sargents will have mustaches. My goal in this longer term project is to transform some of the ruined GW bits into something cool.

warh:

TOY STORY!!?!?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

GRNDL:

Yeah, that’s a REAL assault marine. What real marine has battlecries like “For the Emperor!” etc? A real space marine declares “TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!”

two_heads_talking:

and then he falls of the railing as his jump pack is just a worthless piece of plastic…

Grotsnik:

i remember a few years ago some cartoon series about buzz lightyear and his ‘team’ perhaps you could make some to look like them as well so not everythings the same look on google images - i think it was called buzz lightyear (edit: of) star command

Grotsnik:

this is a link to a page with pictures of the characters

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/a-c/buzzlightyear-08.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ultimatedisney.com/buzzlightyear.html&usg=__rsXpkVcdqeQMc8sjhFQqRmBCOLU=&h=183&w=320&sz=24&hl=en&start=16&tbnid=oa2c-jo0Rf9DnM:&tbnh=67&tbnw=118&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbuzz%2Blightyear%2Bstar%2Bcommand%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

speedygogo:

I’m leaning towards making everybody look light buzz, cloned for the Emperor. However, thanks for the link Grotsnik. The exceptions to the cloned buzz would be:

1.) Woody in power armor

2.) Rex Dreadnaught

3.) Mr Potato head dreadnaught

Sojourn:

oh speedy, I think you’re after my heart. I LOVE Toy Story. this is a great idea. it’ll be like when they visit Al’s Toy Barn, and it’s an entire aisle of Buzzes! :slight_smile: with a new tool belt whistles

can you integrate the little alien guys from the vending machine in any way? make an entire unit (they’ll be eternally grateful) and what about Zurg? gotta get him in there! and Slink, just 'cause he’s cute. :slight_smile:

More pics!!! make more and take more pics!

tjub:

Its a really cool conversion, looking forward to see the others… :slight_smile:

speedygogo:

oh speedy, I think you're after my heart. I LOVE Toy Story. this is a great idea. it'll be like when they visit Al's Toy Barn, and it's an entire aisle of Buzzes! :) with a new tool belt *whistles*

can you integrate the little alien guys from the vending machine in any way? make an entire unit (they'll be eternally grateful) and what about Zurg? gotta get him in there! and Slink, just 'cause he's cute. :)

More pics!!! make more and take more pics!

Sojourn
The aliens guys are definately going to be in the army. I'm going to use them as marine scouts.

Ancre:

This is a funny idea ! Will you find a way to put the little aliens in too ? Will you make vehicules like the box packa in the second film ?

Good luck with your work though ! To infinity and beyond !

Grotsnik:

cmon you have to make a biker squadron with one of the characters from star command on them

speedygogo:

Here some more pics of the conversion thus far:

Commander woody:

The start of the 3 eyed aliens bodies are to the right of woody:

assualt and tactical marines and terminator captain hammy:

Everbody else so far:

I probably won’t make any bikers.  My army will have 2 units of 5 marine scouts, two 10 man tactical squads with rhinos, 1 unit of 5 termies in a landraider,  1 unit of 5 assualt marines, two dreadnaughts (one Rex and one Mr, Potato head) and eventually two landspeeders converted to be jeeps.  While I am doing some major conversions I will use mostly GW space marine parts and paint them like the belong to star command.

Kera foehunter:

looks great !! You have alot of cool idea speedy
Dam!!! look at all those paint brushes

Grotsnik:

i love your ideas this army is looking ace

Hashut’s Blessing:

Slink as a rhino? Have the buzzes climb out of the gaps in the springy part :stuck_out_tongue:

Hazkar:

thats some great stuff!

but why did you gave them bolters?buzz has a laser build in the rigt arm of his suit

Tarrakk Blackhand:

@ Hazkar - but it was only a red light. He needs more than that to kill tyranids!

Great job…but I think Tim Allen would be roling in his grave. Wait! He’s not dead yet! Bang!–Bang! ok…that’s better! Now roll him over! There! See! LOL!

All joking aside…these are excellent!

Willmark:

This is awesome definitely worth some slaves.

speedygogo:

thats some great stuff!
but why did you gave them bolters?buzz has a laser build in the rigt arm of his suit

Hazkar
It is just because 40k gaming is a What You See Is What You Get. I don't play 40k as much but would like to be able to take Buzz Lightyear's ranger of star command to a tourney.