[Archive] Traitor-kin vs. Karl Franz Ascended?

MadHatter:

Zharr-Naggrund.

Yo.

I’ve got a rules-question from our group.

A bray-shaman casts traitor-kin on Karl Franz Ascended, will the combined profile nullify or buff the spell?

:cheers

ThorAxe:

As written, no. At least I wouldn’t, as it is debatable. You could house rule that you grab the Empire book and use Deathclaw’s stats for the spell. Harder to do when using the nurgle or VC models who ride things that don’t exist separately.

MadHatter:

As written, no.  At least I wouldn't, as it is debatable.  You could house rule that you grab the Empire book and use Deathclaw's stats for the spell.  Harder to do when using the nurgle or VC models who ride things that don't exist separately.

ThorAxe
It says in the Karl Franz entry you use the combined profile for both Karl Franz and the mount, we debate wether traitor-kin would use the full combined profile to strike the combined model itself or if it just would not work. :hat off

snowblizz:

or if it just would not work. :hat off

MadHatter
It totally works.
Q: How does Traitor-kin work against models whose riders are
considered to be part of the mount and share its Toughness and
Wounds value, such as the Stonehorn or Arachnarok Spider? (p37)
A: Resolve the spell�?Ts effects against the mount�?Ts Toughness
value.
In other words, it works against other "combined profile" monsters so it works against Karl Franz. Sucks to be him vs Traitorkin.

MadHatter:

or if it just would not work. :hat off

MadHatter
It totally works.
Q: How does Traitor-kin work against models whose riders are
considered to be part of the mount and share its Toughness and
Wounds value, such as the Stonehorn or Arachnarok Spider? (p37)
A: Resolve the spell�?Ts effects against the mount�?Ts Toughness
value.
In other words, it works against other "combined profile" monsters so it works against Karl Franz. Sucks to be him vs Traitorkin.

snowblizz
Thanks man! Slaves coming your way :cheers