[Archive] Transformers.� � FOR THOSE WHO'VE SEEN IT (Spoilers)

Grimstonefire:

I saw the second one today.   Overall I think it’s better than the first.  Fewer schoolboy moments, more awesome action.  There are a few dodgy voices for the robots.  

Makes me wonder where next with the 3rd one?

Astranagant:

Fantastic stuff. There weren’t as many good one-liners in this one, but the increase in the amount of action was excellent. I hardly noticed that it was 2.5 hours long.

Add to that a toyline that is eating up my miniatures budget, and well… excellent stuff…

Baggronor:

I thought the second one was lacking in proper structure, it just seemed like they tried to do too much; it was almost like they didn’t need to make any choices about what to include due to the huge budget, so they just chucked everything in. And too many shots of the US army too. I don’t want to spoil it for people who haven’t seen it yet so I won’t be specific, but I thought they wasted some things that could have been saved/put to better use, maybe in the third film.

Having said which, as a transformers fan I still enjoyed it muchly of course (particularly the Takara series-esque combination scene with Prime at the end :)), I just thought the first one was tighter and better written.

Jetfire ftw.

Grimstonefire:

I edited the title so we can discuss properly :wink:

Must admit I think they were always going to have trouble with trying to get the US Army doing much.  Realistically every soldier and reserve would be mobilised, roll out all the tanks etc.  So for the fate of the world to rest on the same unit… again… ?  They got enough there for the final battle that it made a point, considering it was egypt.

I loved the huge destroyer monster, megazord style.  

The fact that the fallen gets ‘killed’ in this one makes me wonder where they will go next?  I would have expected them to do the usual thing and save the big bad guy to end the trilogy.  Not so.

With no more of the cube left, what reasons do the decepticons have to come here now?  Revenge?

Do you think Optimus will have a trailer now? :slight_smile:

Baggronor:

Error number 1: You can’t have Megatron not be the number 1 bad guy. Big boss is his character, its who he is. By relegating him to 2nd in command, it also leaves Starscream with no role, and undermines the work they did in the first film. They should have left Megatron dead until film 3 OR not had the Fallen. The girl/Decepticon pretender was a cool idea, but again they did nothing with it. This is an example of what I mean by ‘trying to do too much’. They end up doing not enough of anything, or worse, wasting good ideas that could be better used later.

Error number 2: Having the dual objectives of reviving Prime and destroying the sun-killing thingy in the pyramid. I ended up not caring about the thingy in the pyramid, partly through reliving my childhood trauma of Optimus Prime dying :slight_smile: (I was 4, ok?) I may be biased on this point :cheers

Error number 3: Total lack of character development in the majority of the Transformers cast. Who the hell were those Decepticons who showed up at the end? Some of them didn’t even get names. Devastator showed up in impressive fashion, failed to kill anyone, climbed a pyramid and got his arse shot off by some spangly US army gun. Ratchet, Bumblebee and Ironhide did virtually nothing. Megatron has his persona removed and Starscream is totally wasted when this film should have been his chance to shine, as the main escapee from the first film. Jetfire ftw. He was cool.

And finally… 2 resurrections of ‘dead’ characters in one film? C’mon guys, honestly.

But I still enjoyed it shamelessly. My brain keeps saying I shouldn’t have done. In fact I thought the final battle scene was duff until Prime was revived and combined with Jetfire in total Takara style, and all was instantly forgiven :slight_smile: In fact, the film rocks while Prime is onscreen :cheers

Its not that I didn’t enjoy it, it just bugs me that a few tough decisions made early on could have improved it no end.

I am very fussy, mind, particularly about things I love.

…Error number 5: Optimus had no trailer. Ok I’ve finished now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Loki:

I have seen the film twice now i have really enjoyed it both times, the only bits that needed changing was the bit at collage, (i am sorry but i would not want to be parted from Megan Fox for any large amount of time if she was my girlfriend) but the bit with his mum getting wasted and running around was not really need at all, i am with Baggronor on this that there was not enough back ground plot development for the new characters for both sides they just turned up did some killing or did some dieing and that was it really, saying that i did like jet fire.

And it was good to see that Prime has learnt to fight from the first film rather than just get kicked around all the time by Megatron.

The spangly US Navy gun (Rail gun) that kills Devastator does exist and works and i thought that it was great to work that in to the story even if it only fired one shot was still good to see check out the link for more info on the rail gun

http://gizmodo.com/351467/navy-rail-gun-test-destroys-everything-it-touches-at-5640-mph :slight_smile:

Baggronor:

And it was good to see that Prime has learnt to fight from the first film rather than just get kicked around all the time by Megatron.
lol yeah, what was up with the total shift in power? He took on 4 Decepticons, including Megatron and Starscream, and almost whupped em all.
there was not enough back ground plot development for the new characters for both sides they just turned up did some killing or did some dieing and that was it really
It would just be nice if the Transformers (the guys the film is supposed to be about) got more dialogue and attention, rather than the largely irrelevant humans, who seemed to get far too much screen time for no real reason at the expense of said robots.
I actually quite liked the hash-cakes scene though :) brought back some dubious university memories... she was nowhere near as embarrassing as I was....

Loki:

I think that was the best fight in the whole film the only reason he lost is because he had to keep looking after Sam,  i mean he killed one and even cut starscreams arm off, go prime :slight_smile:

Also i was not happy with the Audi R8 only being in the film for like 1 min and then getting cut in half by side swipe, its my favorite car and when i saw it in the tralier i was really looking forward to it kiciking some ass

Thommy H:

Terrible, terrible movie.

Baggronor:

Terrible, terrible movie.
:) I know, but I can't help it. My brain says no but my giant robot obsession says yes. Its probably no coincidence that my CDs look like fat decepticons :)

Thommy H:

Even the giant robots sucked. Bear in mind that I grew up with Transformers and, at the time of the movie, had “The Touch” by Stan Bush as my ringtone. I am what you would call “a Transformers fan” but I found nothing in this movie anything but a complete waste of my time. The story didn’t make sense, the action was utterly incoherent, the performances were wooden, the comic relief was neither comical nor a relief and, I hate to echo every critic in the world right now, but it really was kind of racist in a few places.

To call it a toy commercial would be a disservice to toy commercials.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I found the movie was one huge, overexcited ILM showreel. They didn’t even attempt to make a good story, meh. :frowning: I loved the first Transformers movie, there were some hilarious moments in that one and some really impressive ones, too. This one was just “Michael Bay unleashed” - lots of explosions, lots of Marines and some idiotic jokes about farts and the like.

Perturabo:

It wasn’t as good as I hoped it would be. It had it’s moments, and Jetfire was fairly cool, but the whole last battle scene nearly put me to sleep. I was actually disapointed by Prime taking on the Fallen. Where was the huge epic confrontation?

Also, gangsta Autobots make me want to vomit on Michael Bay.

Baggronor:

This one was just "Michael Bay unleashed"
Also, gangsta Autobots make me want to vomit on Michael Bay.
You do get the feeling that the main reason it was poorer than the first is due to him getting more involved this time... I wish he'd just do the blowing stuff up bits and hire a writer and editor next time.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I thought it was utter crap.

The small remote control car robot randomly stopped being on screen, many of the Autobots went unnamed, their were so many ideas that were pointless (as has been said, the university girl. What was the point of her and what did she achieve?), so many things that made no snese (why Optimus Prime actually SHRUGGED the Jetfire parts off) and, as has been mentioned, how the robots weren’t the main focus. Heck, we barely saw the three mains from the original. Also, what happened to Blockade from the first film and all the small robots created from Sam falling over (as he SO often does)?

The film wasn’t thought through and it was a collossal drag of 2 and a half hours. I think there was ONE bit I liked… Wait, nope, I just didn’t hate the RC twins’ fight-talk when fighting Devastator…

Can someone tell me why they decided to make them twins and why there were three bikes, when it should be one bike called RC, please?

Astranagant:

Can someone tell me why they decided to make them twins and why there were three bikes, when it should be one bike called RC, please?

Hashut's Blessing
I believe the other two were supposed to be Chromia and Moonracer, the only other female Autobots (comics I think), but one might have been Elita One (Prime's love interest from the past).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks. Even so, where they bikes? If so, why was RC suddenly a pair of twins and not a bike? lol :smiley: Male “homeboy” twins at that :stuck_out_tongue:

Astranagant:

The Twins are separate characters from Arcee. I was greatly disappointed that Devastator failed to kill either of them…

Baggronor:

I was greatly disappointed that Devastator failed to kill either of them...
Or anything else.... at all....

Loki:

He did make a mess of the pyramid :slight_smile: