[Archive] Treading in Blue`s tracks - collecting 2nd&3rd Edition ones

DAGabriel:

Hi guys,

those who visited my blog will know of my current infatuation with 2nd and 3rd edition Minis.

This showcase is meant to document the different sets available, if one of the other vintage freaks finds something missing or has got an idea of what to include I am grateful for assistance. The different sets are posted as I manage to complete them.

If I am still missing a mini, I will insert a place holder. If you find one of these and own one of these minis please sell it to me (please, please!!!).

As an explanation: Every set except the first is linked to the relevant post in the following table of content. Red color meaning planned post, will come soon (hopefully).

Table of contents:

MM90 Chaos Dwarfs

RR15/RRD9 - The Mighty Throg and his Hobgoblin Despoilers of the Dark Lands

DL2 Hobgoblins

MM27 Giant Black Orcs

BC4 Mighty Ugezod`s Death Commandos

RR18/RRD8 - Eeza Ugezod’s Mother Crushers

D3 Chaos Dwarfs

C23 Slave Ogre

C16 Chaos Dwarfs

Renegades Chaos Dwarfs

Chronicles CM9 Hobgoblins

And since we are at it here we start with the MM90s:

MM90/1a

MM90/1b

MM90/1c

MM90 1d

The numbers 2a-d can be found in post#6.

The numbers 3 a-d can be found in posts #26f

The numbers 4 a-d can be found in post #32

Skink:

…As long as you promise to update this thread often and to shot a unit pic before new year’s eve we can tolerate another 3rd edition showcase.

Kidding aside looking good mate!!! I especially dig the Marauder Mage! the Green/Orange color scheme really stands out against the black background…

dncswlf:

Wow! I love the skull on the mage’s base! These are some excellent looking figures!

Borador:

Nice figures, and we can never have enough 3rd ed showcases!

Obsidian:

looking forward to seeing more! :cheers

DAGabriel:

Merry Xmas!

Here a new MM90, wasn`t really productive in the last weeks and got sidetracked by some reinforcement for my slaves but here he is:

Update: managed another one for this post in 2012!

MM90 2a

MM90 2b

MM90 2c

MM90 2d

Abecedar:

another great mini. is the fire tinged armour the scheme for all of your army or just the 3rd Ed’ stuff?

G.2:

Nice looking minis. A completely different style to Blue’s. But thatis what makes this hobby so wonderful. I’m not a huge fan of the 3rd edition CD minis, but I do like what I see here. Keep them coming.

Skink:

Is it me or your painting skills are getting better??? That looks awesome.

On the next mini you paint why don’t you try your color scheme (transition from dark-red to yellow) on the whole model? Kinda like this Blood Angels splinter chapter.

Check the vehicles!

Willmark:

There is some well painted stuff here, keep it up.

Lava Lord:

:hat their neat to look at. show us more. It makes me teary eyed, for I’ll never paint that way…

DAGabriel:

another great mini.  is the fire tinged armour the scheme for all of your army or just the 3rd Ed' stuff?

Abecedar
Thx, and no, as you can see in the latest updates I will try to involve the color transistion in most of the models but I will try to go for more variety in colors.
Nice looking minis. A completely different style to Blue's. But thatis what makes this hobby so wonderful. I'm not a huge fan of the 3rd edition CD minis, but I do like what I see here. Keep them coming.

G.2
Thx G2, atm I am in love with those little buggers but I only wait to have them finished to start with my bighats, so that there will be something for ervery taste over the time.

Is it me or your painting skills are getting better??? That looks awesome.

On the next mini you paint why don't you try your color scheme (transition from dark-red to yellow) on the whole model? Kinda like this Blood Angels splinter chapter.

Check the vehicles!

Skink
I hope to get better with time, but the question is: can old wine really get better with time? Those BAs look great indeed, I think I will try to go for it once or twice with the 3rd ed. ones but really will try to implement it with the FW ones.
There is some well painted stuff here, keep it up.

Willmark
Thx Willmark.
:hat  their neat to look at.  show us more.  It makes me teary eyed, for I'll never paint that way..

Lava Lord
Thx LL, don`t underestimate what you can do with a lot of practice. I don`t think that I am really talented like some of the really great painters here or on the GD shows but after more than 10 years it would be a shame if there aren`t some steps forward.

Inserted the updates in the posts above!

Ghrask Dragh:

A pleasure to see, great take on the old stuff mate :hat off

Kera foehunter:

keep it up and your make it hard to tells who who

Skink:

…You must have a pretty consistent army of 3rd edition models now!!! How many models have you painted in total?

DAGabriel:

24 painted ones until today, with 70 left to paint in the prehat era.

Kera foehunter:

So how many of those figure where made 100 ??

DAGabriel:

Ah, if you except the siege cannon and if I didnt miscount there are 100 3rd ed chaos dwarfs in the wiki if you count the warmachines as one model and I am still missing 2 d3s, The Black Dwarf, Kludge, the Mailorder Dwarf, Juggernaut and the unreleased one.

Borador:

Great stuff, can’t wait to see a group shot once you have finished painting the entire set!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

That’s really excellent work! I wish I could get some old figures “Donated” to me so that I could paint them as good as you did!