[Archive] Tribes of the Old World

Grotsnik:

having read heldenhammer (and thoroughly enjoying it) i think it would be great if there was a new game and range of figures of the tribes in that book it could also be an expansion for warhammer like legendary battles or 40k apocalypse

Grimstonefire:

You mean like Warhammer Ancients or something similar. It would be an idea for an expansion, but it wouldn’t need a full system as it’s not really that long ago.

I actually think they could do a new system for the coming of chaos (the first time), with barbarian humans, dwarfs, elves, lizardmen (with proper slann) etc. It should really be called Herohammer, but they could choose not to focus on demi gods.

Grotsnik:

yeah i think thats a really good idea it could maybe have the tribes from heldenhammer but before sigmar was born

cornixt:

I wrote up a few army lists for something similar, but I called it Golden Age Warhammer and it was based just before the War of the Beard.

Grotsnik:

it sounds good - do you have a link to them at all

cornixt:

They are somewhat out of date now, since they were written for units in the 6th ed books. I have them lurking at home, I’ll try to upload them when I can.

WoodenPickles:

It would be very cool if they brought out a book of historical army list and charecters, like proper lizardmen from long ago with rules for a living Lord Kroak. A list from when Nagash was still active. A list with chaos has one army and the first everchosen. Empire with Sigmar. High Elfs with Anerion. It would be really cool

Grotsnik:

wooden pickles - i agree totally it would be really cool

cornixt - that would be amazing if you could do that this thread might actually be working

cornixt:

Here they are. Hard to remember the older lists to see how balanced they are. Elves and Dwarfs were represented by the War of the Beards lists that were in WD (there is a pdf of it somewhere)

Grotsnik:

for a start, thanks for being so quick i love the lists, especially the khemri one have you ever thought about having a lizardmen one, perhaps if people are interested in this, we could use your lists as a base and create an expnsion for warhammer

Grotsnik:

would you mind if i wrote a list for empire

do you thinkt should be the combined tribes or not

Kera foehunter:

i say go for it !!!

cornixt:

Those were the only armies I had books for at the time. You’re welcome to come up with your own

Grotsnik:

do you think it should be the combined tribes or not

Kera foehunter:

i think it would be great if you want to do this Grotsnik !!!