[Archive] Tuomas Pirinen's Chaos Dwarf book

Bassman:

You have this list since 1999? :o

1) why did not you posted it here before?!?!

2) what are waiting for? I waaaaannna it! Even if it is outdated… :frowning:

Pleeeeeze :slight_smile:

tvandyke:

2) what are waiting for? I waaaaannna it! Even if it is outdated... :(

Pleeeeeze :)

Bassman
I managed to send a scanned copy to Xander.  It's 11.2 MB so your email would have to allow attachments at least that big.  There's no copyright message on it (it's a playtest list after all), but I don't know if you can simply post the whole list without GW having a problem with it.  I doubt it, but I'll let Xander make that call.

two_heads_talking:

well xander, since you have the list, I’d like a copy of it… thank you very much.

dedwrekka:

2) what are waiting for? I waaaaannna it! Even if it is outdated... :(

Pleeeeeze :)

Bassman
I managed to send a scanned copy to Xander.  It's 11.2 MB so your email would have to allow attachments at least that big.  There's no copyright message on it (it's a playtest list after all), but I don't know if you can simply post the whole list without GW having a problem with it.  I doubt it, but I'll let Xander make that call.

tvandyke
It'd be more of an issue with the person who wrote it possibly not wanting the list spread throught the internet rather than with GW.

Grimstonefire:

I’d be happy to take it down if Tuomas asks ;), but until then…

Snotling:

hehe, sounds pretty cool. i have some books of the 5th edition, i bought them before i really started to play warhammer (so i’m kind of a real veteran, i started with the 5 th edition… youngbloods :P). the rules remind on the old stuff… totally overpowered (that’s the path, GW goes again ^^) … blackorcs with frenzy or hate, yeah! the Golem is soooo cool and he rocks! i would like to have a unit like this. and the amour wich can’t be reduced by strenght was’n the old ward save, many units had the rule (for example saurus warriors AS couldn’t be under 6+ … it was cool, but not fair ^^)

Bassman:

hehe, sounds pretty cool. i have some books of the 5th edition, i bought them before i really started to play warhammer (so i'm kind of a real veteran, i started with the 5 th edition... youngbloods :P). the rules remind on the old stuff.... totally overpowered (that's the path, GW goes again ^^) ... blackorcs with frenzy or hate, yeah! the Golem is soooo cool and he rocks! i would like to have a unit like this. and the amour wich can't be reduced by strenght was'n the old ward save, many units had the rule (for example saurus warriors AS couldn't be under 6+ ... it was cool, but not fair ^^)

Snotling
I played in those times and I can confirm that was not a ward save but an armor save. I.e. weapon that used to negate armor negate that save.
Real ward saves existed at the time.
For example Dark elf corsairs used to have 5+ armor save that could not be reduced , thanks to the sea dragon cloack.
And Dark Elves could use the Black Amulet with a 4+ ward save!
And yes it was Herohammer, when heros used to be unstoppable monsters and most of the troops were cannon fodder :)

Lundi:

...and the amour wich can't be reduced by strenght was'n the old ward save, many units had the rule (for example saurus warriors AS couldn't be under 6+ ... it was cool, but not fair.

Snotling
It was slightly worse than that, the skinks had it too. You'd be amazed how much punishment a T2 skink could survive by passing the 6+ unmodifiable armour save.

The worst bit, however, was how they could stack up all those saves. It was possible to have a character with 1+ AS, a 3+ Ward Save, then a 4+ Ward Save. Some armies could even throw in one more Ward Save on top of that.

I started playing in 4th ed, right around the time the Chaos Dwarfs were released. I saw that the game was basically Herohammer, but there were ways to kill even the mightiest of characters with little effort. Then 5th ed came along and made that almost impossible. Warhammer almost died during 5th ed, there were no new major releases for it for almost 18 months, when 6th ed was released.

Malorndk:

Serious threadcromancy from me on this one.

This subject was brought up on middlehammer today and reading though this its actually quite interesting.

It appears something was send to Xanders e-mail 9 years ago. Im interested in this for historic reason.

Anyone who knows more about this?

Zanthrax:

Would also love to see it

cornixt:

I remember reading it at some point but I can’t find a copy saved. I wasn’t that impressed by it, from what I can remember.

Admiral:

Xander found it shelved in the dark archives. Seems we had it all along. However, it’s not advisable to share completely openly in this instance.

Alright, everyone who wants to have a look: PM me and I’ll hand you the link to Pirinen’s playtest draft.

Spread the word to whatever Facebook groups where this question has been raised: Everyone interested must register on CDO first and get in contact on the forum.

As to threadomancy: No such thing. If it’s relevant, it’s relevant no matter its age. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Malorndk:

Xander found it shelved in the dark archives. Seems we had it all along. However, it's not advisable to share completely openly in this instance.

Alright, everyone who wants to have a look: PM me and I'll hand you the link to Pirinen's playtest draft.

Spread the word to whatever Facebook groups where this question has been raised: Everyone interested must register on CDO first and get in contact on the forum.

As to threadomancy: No such thing. If it's relevant, it's relevant no matter its age. :)

Cheers

Admiral
Thanks for being such a lovely brunch of fellas. Always ready to help <3

Willmark:

Threadomancy indeed!

Nicodemus:

Oh my goodness!! Amazing find!! Thanks for posting this!

~N