[Archive] turquois dwarfs chaos dwarfs

turquois dwarf:

this is the army i started on the twelth. i hope to have 1000 points done by the first of september.

these are my chaos dwarf wariors. i actualy have 10 of these so far. i may add more armour to the legs. (the one in the middle looks a little confused by his weapon :slight_smile: )

these are my hobgoblins. they are simple conversions using marauder and goblin parts.

this is my first bull centaur. his waist looks a litle narrow but i am quite pleased with him.

a picture to show the scale. the model in the middle is a normal marauder. i forgot to put a hobgoblin in. the hobgoblins are about a head shorter than the marauder because they are hunched.

should have more done soon.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Loki:

Good work turquois dwarf have never seen the models used like this before look forward to seeing how they look all painted up :slight_smile:

turquois dwarf:

by tomorow i should have asembled all the warriors ready to paint over the weekend. the hobgoblins are already assembled so i may paint some of them tomorow.

Kera foehunter:

Your off and running!!Im liking your bull centaur!!

wallacer:

Nice, practical conversions.

My favourites are the Hobgoblins.

Father Grumpmas:

The dwarfs look really good - they have a smaller meaner leaner look than a lot of conversions based around the new dwarfs.

The bull centaur looks nice and chaotic too.

Great start :hat off

Border Reiver:

I like what you’ve done here. The minis look well executed and I look forward to seeing them painted.

Khunag:

I love the Hobgoblins :slight_smile:

turquois dwarf:

the hobgoblins were nice to put together aswell. the peices fited almost like they were designed to go together. I had to stop myself making hobgoblins so i could get some chaos dwarfs done.:slight_smile:

I have also tried 2 beard methods the normal indented sausage way and a twisted sausage way. the twisted method makes a nice texture that I hope will show up after painting.

Hazkar:

wow,this hobbos are really great,they look wild and pretty mean

the dwarfs also look nice,the legs look a little bit small but all in all some nice conversions

good start

Khunag:

Hahaha, just noticed that:

(the one in the middle looks a little confused by his weapon )
“wtf is this crap?” :stuck_out_tongue:

Zanko:

turquois dwarf
Your Bull Centaur reminds me of Davy Jones "the Flying Dutchman from Pirates of the Caribbean II"

Cool work and well done! I want to see him finished and painted. What paint scheme will you choose?

:hashut

turquois dwarf:

I tried bulking out the legs on one but it didnt look much better so now if any one asks I will use GWs excuse. Theyre heroic scale :slight_smile:

for the paint scheme I will go with black iron and turquoise with perhaps purple tinted skin. I will use gold on metal details to provide some contrast.

Hazkar:

interresting unusual paint scheme…cant wait to see it

turquois dwarf:

painted chaos dwarfs!

and a close up

hmm blurry! only the left hand side of my finger is in focus!

Kera foehunter:

I like it !!!i love the paint bob it brings out the tusks better

Ancre:

This is going to be one cool looking army ! Good work turquois dwarf !

turquois dwarf:

update-ish. i have painted another 5 chaos dwarfs and have started to asemble another bull centaur. it is very dificult to attach the knight torso to the horses “neck”

Alfract:

These Knights Steeds have slants necks, am i right? do you cut the Knights body to match the slant or do just cut the horse’s neck and then greenstuff?

Border Reiver:

Definite chaos feel to these Chaos Dwarfs, and the mix of Marauder and goblin bits to make hobgoblins is an idea that I may have to borrow to bulk out my own hobbo forces.