[Archive] Two lists for 'ard Boyz (Nurgle Daemons)

Swissdictator:

Here are a couple lists I am looking at for 'ard boyz. Running Nurgle Daemons for a few reasons. My favorite Chaos God is Nurgle, and I love the fluff behind it. Plus I think my Nurgle Daemons look great (doing some rebasing and adding to the numbers… the new basing will look sweet).

Plus I think people will underestimate Nurgle Daemons. Now that they only have one save, I think people will think they are easy. So part of that will be challenging that misconception.

LIST 1 is PURE Nurgle.

Great unclean one

Level 4

Pestilent Mucus

Noxious vapors

Trappings of Nurgle

Epidemus

Nurgle herald level 1

Noxious vapors

Stream of Bile

35 plaguebearers

Banner and musician.

Standard of Eternal Virulence

Horde formation

Herald of Nurgle

Level 1

Bsb. Standard of chaos glory.

Noxious vapors

Stream of bile

39 plaguebearers

Full command

Standard of seeping decay.

4 Nurglings

4 Nurglings

4 Nurglings

2 beasts of Nurgle

LIST 2

Great unclean one

Level 4

Pestilent Mucus

Noxious vapors

Trappings of Nurgle

Epidemus

37 plaguebearers

Banner and musician.

Standard of Eternal Virulence

Herald of Nurgle

Level 1

Bsb. Standard of chaos glory.

Noxious vapors

Stream of bile

39 plaguebearers

Full command

Standard of seeping decay.

4 Nurglings

4 Nurglings

4 Nurglings

2 beasts of Nurgle

Tzeentch Herald

Disc of Tzeentch

Master of Sorcery (Shadow Lore)

Spellbreaker

I tried the first list out against Dark Elves.

Top of turn 1 I cast Plague Wind on a horde of corsairs and caused 21 wounds. I didn’t have extra Nurgling bases, otherwise there would have been 7 Nurgling bases created right then and there (most likely behind them to be a threat).

Bottom of turn 1 his hydra charged some Nurglings that had scouted and move up to be road blocks. The Nurglings, benefiting from the Tally and having 4+ poison, nearly killed the Hyrdra! The Hydra was able to wipe the Nurglings, but he only had a single wound left so he remained inactive for the rest of the game. All 3 Nurgling units I had deployed got charged and killed, but they tied some stuff up quite nicely and did some damage too. They served to screen against the knights, hydra, and now damaged Corsair unit to give me a turn to advance up unthreatened.

From there it went down hill for him. The Beasts of Nurgle charge some Cold One Knights, but didn’t do a whole lot. If I had the extra Nurgling bases, it would had been even more brutal. His spear horde and Black Guard got a charge on the non-Epidemus PB block. The spears bounced off (damaged decently) and the Black Guard held, but were quickly torn apart. 4+ Poison with a -1 to the armor is brutal on lightly armored stuff.

I’m not sure on the BoN, I think they’ll serve a purpose to be honest. It gives me something a little more mobile to threaten some things with. Being 4 wounds a pop, they can still do damage and hold something up with their T5.

The Nurglings scouting within LoS really does add to their utility, to be completely honest. They’ll usually get slaughtered, but it buys me time and can pin stuff. Plus if timed right, they’ll still do damage (just ask the hydra).

The reason I’m thinking of swapping a herald out for the Tzeentch guy is as follows:

The signature spell can make a difference to equalize I against many armies (Skaven, Humans, Ogres, Dwarfs, Greenskins, Undead, Marauders, and others). Plus being able to cast The Withering and follow up with Plague Wind will be BRUTAL. If nothing else just to create Nurgling hordes (target a clanrat horde… and watch the Nurglings pop up and tally sky rocket).

Plague Wind is a brutal spell (especially if boosted by The Withering) as it can rip through those large horde units… and bump out very affordable units of Nurglings. Plus it accrues the Tally quickly.

Thoughts?

dromar:

I think you are not on the right forum:

this is a chaos dwarf area, no demon nor warriors and beast of chaos!

But the list is nice and fluffy. Too bad that a full nurgle is so slow^^

Necrotique:

Sounds pretty cool. Been toying with the idea of a Nurgle Daemons army (my current one being Nurglitch WOC)

:cheers