[Archive] Ubertechies CD 's vs Empire - Battle Report with maps

Ubertechie:

Last night I played my first real game using the CD’s after they had arrive back from their long trip around the world to get painted.

I was using a list as follows

Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord (lore of fire)

Lvl 2 Sorcerer (lore of fore)

Hero

Hero carrying BSB

2 * 24 cd warrior units with standard and musician (one had the warbanner)

2 * 15 cd blunderbuss units with standard

2 * 20 naked hobgoblins

1 * Death Rocket (1st time using one)

4 * Bolt throwers

1 * Earth Shaker

1 * 6 Bull Centaurs

1 * 6 Black Orcs

My Opponent was using a Engineer based Empire army including 7 Hochland long rifles.

2 * 10 handgunners with champion with Hochland

2 * 5 Pistoliers

2 * 5 Outriders with champion with Hochland

1 * HellStorm

1 * Steam Tank

3 * Engineers with Hochland and Pigeon bombs

1 * Empire General on foot in with the Spearmen

24 * Spearmen with Full command

10 * Free company as a detachmetn to the spearmen

10 * Huntsmen

He won both the deployment and first turn rolls.

Deployment ending up looking like this:

KEY (Red = CD, Blue = Empire)

General

Stars = units hit by missile fire

Arrows = fleeing units direction

red concentric rings = area of EathShaker effect

CD UNITS

BB1 / BB2 = blunderbuss units

HG1 / HG2 = Hobgoblin units

CD1 / CD2 = Warrior units

BO = Black Orc unit

BC = Bull Centaur Units

DR = Death Rocket

BT = Boltthrowers

ES = EarthShaker

Small unlabelled boxes  = lone sorcerers

EMPIRE UNITS

OR1 / OR2 = outrider units

HG1 / HG2 = Handgunner units

P1 / P2 = Pistolier units

SP= Spearmen unit

FC = Free Company Unit

HM = Huntsmen  Unit

ST= Steam Tank

HS = Hellstoem

Small unlabelled boxes  = lone enigneers

Turn 1 - Empire

Movement

Pistoliers Race forwarded and hide behind ruins, infantry and steam advance in a battlline

Shooting

HellStorm misses CD 2 - Hochland Long rifles from champions of Outrider units 1 & 2 and the Engineer in Outrider unit 2 all shoot at Sorcerer lord in CD 1 and do 2 wounds to him.

Pigeon bombs kill 7 of HG1 who fail panic test and flee to within 4 inches of the board edge. They also kill 2 warriors from CD1

Turn 1 - CD

Movement

HG1 rally and HG2 Pass animosity test, no charges are declared

All units move forward and angle to move around terrain - HG2 angle themselves so if charged by steam tank the Bull Centaurs have a nice flanking opportunity - sorcerer lord changes sides in CD 1 to avoid Hocland fire and other Sorcerer leaves HG 2 and moves to left of CD 1

Magic

Despite several magic missile attempts the only spell to be cast successfully (despite having 8 dice to my opponents 2) is burning head which kills 2 pistoliers from P2 who pass their panic test

Shooting

EarthShaker takes aim at the Steam Tank - guess is good but scatters to the left and behind of target - disrupts the movement of huntsmen, Steam tank and pistoliers. Death rocket shoots at the spearmen but scatters harmlessly.

All Bolt Throwers take aim at the Steam Tank and do a mighty single wound in total to it. Blunderbusses have no valid target

Turn 2 - Empire

Movement

Pistolier unit 1 races up the flank position itself between BB1 and CD 2 - rest of battlline advances slowly (thanks to EarthShaker)

Shooting

Hellstorm Misfires and can�?Tt shoot for this turn and next. BB1 get hammered by pigeon bombs and pistoliers and lose 9 of their number. Steam Tank fails to shoot (again thanks to earth shaker), Outrider champions and other engineer all shoot at lone sorcerer and do a wound to him, HG 2 take a pigeon bomb and a round of outrider shooting and lose 8 of their number. Both units pass their panic test.

Turn 2 - CD

Movement

HG1 HG2 Pass animosity test and subsequent terror test from steam tank, no charges are declared

All units move forward and angle to move around terrain - HG2 angle themselves to flank charge the steam tank and bull centaurs line up to charge it in the front. Black Orcs move in front of CD2, HG1 moves up next to Pistoliers, BB1 rotates so it can shoot at pistoliers without clipping CD2 Sorcerer joins CD1 whilst Sorcerer Lord leaves CD1 to hide behind Bull Centaurs

Magic

Much Improved magic phase sees Outriders 1 hit by a fireball and losing 3 of their number, Burning head goes through Pistoliers 2 killing nine but then kills 2 huntsmen and 1 free company - all pass panic tests (burning head and/or 25% casualties)

Shooting

EarthShaker takes aim at the Steam Tank - hits home and does 5 wounds - disrupts the movement of huntsmen, Steam tank and pistoliers. Death rocket shoots at the spearmen misfires and scatters harmlessly.

2 Bolt Throwers take aim at the Steam Tank and do 2 more wounds to it. Other 2 take aim at the flank of Pistoliers 1 and miss completely. BB1 then kill 3 of the pistoliers (the only 3 they can hit), other BB unit cannot see anything.

Pistoliers fail panic test and flee through CD2 thus getting themselves destroyed.

Turn 3 - Empire

Movement

Steam Tank generates no steam points, Spearmen and infantry nudge forward, no movement around steam tank, outriders 1 move up to near the wall.

Shooting

Hellstorm Misfires still can�?Tt shoot.

Sorcerer Lord gets Pigeon bombed into oblivion, HG 2 take more outrider fire and lose another 3, CD 1 and CD 2 get more pigeon bombs and lose 4 models each - Black Orcs lose 4 models from handgunner units 1 and 2.

All units pass panic tests

Turn 3 - CD

Movement

HG1 HG2 Pass animosity test.

HG 2 and Bull Centaurs Pass Fear / terror tests and charge into the Steam Tank, Black Orcs declare a charge on Spearmen but fail by 1/2 "

BB1 and HG 2 move up on the flank, BB2 moves around terrain to get a shoot off, CD 1 lumbers forward, CD2 moves up to just behind position of Black Orcs pre-charge

Magic

Much reduced magic phase results in 1 casualty on Outrider unit 2

Shooting

EarthShaker takes aim at handgunners and scatters well of the table,. Death rocket shoots at the spearmen and scatters harmlessly.

Combat

Bull Centaurs finish of steam tank - and both they and the hobgoblins overrun - bull centaurs towards hill - hobgoblins into the flank of the huntsmen who flee and are cut down. Pistoliers fail panic test and flee.

Turn 4 - Empire

Movement

Pistoliers Fail to Rally and leave the table, spearmen declare charge on Black Orcs who flee 4 inches (getting away by 1/2 ") (we remove them thinking they are below 25% and cant rally - I later realise they are at 33% although this has no bearing on the game)- no other movement

Shooting

Hellstorm Fires at cd1 and clips the unit killing 1 of them

Sorcerer gets cut down by outrider champion hochland fire. CD 1 and CD 2 get more pigeon bombs and lose 4 models each (again), Cd 2 loses a further model from handgunner units 1 and 2. Bull Centaurs lose 3 of their number to outrider fire.

All units pass panic tests

Turn 4 - CD

Movement

HG1 HG2 Pass animosity test.

Remaining 3 bull Centaurs charge engineer on hill - who stands and shoots but misses.

HG 1 charge Free Company and CD 2 Charge Spearmen (I declare and move chargers in that order so that he cannot use his free company to flank my CD warriors)

BB1 and HG 2 move up on the flank, BB2 and CD 1 lumbers forward

Magic

No magic users left alive

Shooting

EarthShaker takes aim at outriders - misses but stops them both shooting slows movement. Death rocket shoots at the handgunners scatters harmlessly. Boltthrowers and BB1 combine to kill lone engineer.

Combat

Bull Centaurs eat engineer on the hill and overrun into HG2.

I choose to do the HG2 free company combat first - hobgoblins kill 2 and the free company break and are run down and HG2 plough into the flank of the (as yet unresolved) spearmen / CD 2 fight thus getting to fight again.

CD 2 and HG 2 do 2 kills between them to spearmen who in turn do 2 back. Spearmen loose combat by 5 (2 ranks, standard, warbanner, flank outnumber, 2 wounds versus standard and 2 wounds). Empire general wips out rod of command so they stay.

- and both they and the hobgoblins overrun - bull centaurs towards hill - hobgoblins into the flank of the huntsmen who flee and are cut down. Pistoliers fail panic test and flee.

Turn 5 - Empire

Movement

OutRider unit 1 shuffle forward - no other movement

Shooting

Hellstorm Fires at cd1 and clips the unit killing 1 of them

BB1 takes a single casualty from Handgunners - outriders cannot fire thanks to Earth Shaker

Combat

Spearmen do 2 wounds - CD and Hobgoblins do 1 between them but I win combat by 4, he fails break test and flees getting run down in the process

Bull Centaurs eat HG2 and over run into HG 1

Results

At this point he concedes

He has 400 points left on the table and controls 1 table quarter - giving him 650 vp

I have 1450 left on the table control 3 table quarters and have captured a standard and his general - giving me 2100 points giving me the massacre with me having 2 turns left.

Loki:

Excellent battle report Ubertechie well worth some slaves :slight_smile:

I was playing on the table next to Ubertechie and dipped in out of his game one min he is getting in to position then the next it was unleash hell and I turn back to have a look and the empire are getting well and truly stamped in to the ground, on a personal note the guy that Ubertechie was playing really loves his steam tank so it was fun to see some one finally destroy the dam thing it has claimed much dwarf blood when I have played against it so very satisfying to watch it explode :hat off

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I didn’t get to read through this report before. Excellent presentation and it looks like you had a lot of fun playing it. What program did you use to make the overhead maps?

You and Loki must be firneds in real life as well as on CDO. Awesome! wish I had a few close in my town that liked to play Warhammer.

I’m waiting to finish my CD army before I get into battle reports. Can’t wait to unleash my CD’s against my friend’s Wood Elf army and another friend’s Tomb Kings. I also know of a Empire player, but I’m going to have to build his models for him as he’s a college student with no time on his hands.

Ubertechie:

Tarrak

Maps where created in powerpoint.

Loki and I game at the same GW store - so yes its pretty cool both be CD players

w3rm:

Great report ubertechie it must be nice to have another CD player around you as we sorta fly under the radar by a lot of the gaming community!