[Archive] Ubertechies Marauder Horde� - Completed PIC HEAVY

Ubertechie:

Hi all

I have recently decided that I would never get chance to completely paint all of my maruder CD’s and that i wasn’t that happy with the ones i had painted (can be seen here https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/8075) so I have decided to strip them all and send them off to Sri Lanka to be painted by paintedfigs.com.

The fist set of pictures here are of the horde after spending some time in paint stripper and having a good clean plus some pics of my converted Bull-Centaurs. Will keep you all posted as to how it goes as soon as i get some pictures back

cheers

Ubertechie

The Complete Stripped Horde

The Mages

Converted Bull-Centaurs Unit

Front

Back

Individual

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Pyro Stick:

This is going to be interesting. Do you know how you are going to get them painted (colour scheme)? How much is it going to cost you? Are you sure you want to have an army painted by someone else? Isnt painting the models half the point of collecting them in the first place?

Willmark:

The more I look at my Bull Centaurs the more I realize I might need to redo the torsos… Plus good to se eyou back on the site Ubertechie.

Viskar Zhragoth:

Wow, like those bulls! that was what I had in mind for mine! Hope mine look half as good!

Second, great collection, shame you don;t have the time, but can;t wait to see what they look like done…Also want to know if you requested a paint scheme, and what colors are they going to be?

VZ

Ubertechie:

This is going to be interesting. Do you know how you are going to get them painted (colour scheme)? How much is it going to cost you? Are you sure you want to have an army painted by someone else? Isnt painting the models half the point of collecting them in the first place?

Pyro Stick
Pyro
Yes it is going to be interesting and I did a LOT of research before hand - the thought of sending a small fortunes worth of classic minis half-way around the world does fill me with fear but everything is insured and tracked and the company seem to be reputable so fingers crossed..
Am planning on something similar to how i had painted some of them - so turquiose / green with pale bronze chain and red / dark brown as a counterpoint.
As for cost - lets just say not cheap ...
And as for painting i do enjoy it but i don't get as much time as i need and i cant paint to the level i would like to and i feel that classic minis like this deserve a proper job

Willmark / Viskar - I will post in the conversions forum on how i did the Bull Centaurs but it was very very simple

Willmark:

They are exactly the same as mine except for one thing. I used Chaos Warrior bodies instead.

Kera foehunter:

great bunch of bull centaures Ubertechie

Pyro Stick:

How long is it going to be until you get them all back?

Ubertechie:

How long is it going to be until you get them all back?

Pyro Stick
3- 4 days to get them there
24 days to paint them all
3 -4 days to get them back

So all in all the best part of 7 weeks :-( - but thats still a lot quicker than i could do them and when they come back they will be rolling out to battle straight away :-)

Auretious Taak:

Damn that’s a nice collection of classic CD’s. I have 2 of the Marauder Giants, use them in my Night Goblin army and all these new kids having no idea about the classic figures, lol. So awesome.

Pyro Stick:

24 Days!!! No Way! Is that just one guy painting them or a few? How can they be done to a good standard in just 24 days?

Ubertechie:

24 Days!!!!???!!! No Way! Is that just one guy painting them or a few? How can they be done to a good standard in just 24 days?

Pyro Stick
They have about 6 people working on them - so a nice size team and i think different people do different bits (base-coating / detail / basing / varnishing). Its small enough that there should be good consistency and there customer service so far has been very good - I guess it is a case of wait and see at the moment until the 1st pics come back from them (they reckon after a couple of days they should have something to show me) which i will of course post here

clam:

I has been a long absent - but welcome back.

Looking forward to hera more about this.

Think I heard about paintedfigs.com in some podcasts a few weeks back. Looking forwar to see the quallity of there work - so please bring us close ups:)

Ubertechie:

Update - The lads have landed in Sri Lanka now they just have to fight their way through customs and the local postal service

Kera foehunter:

that cool 24 more day till we get to see them painted

Ubertechie:

Update

The boys have cleared customs after parting with some slaves and gold to ‘assist the process’ and have now arrived at their destination. Should get the 1st pics in a couple of days

clam:

Oh! you’ll get WIP shots of them - too - wow! Really looking forward to see the result.

Ubertechie:

Here you g0 the first sample shots - a few amends need to happen before i give them the go ahead to paint the whole lot but i am certainly happy with the quality especially on the blunderbuss

http://picasaweb.google.com/paintedfigs/BryanClassicChaosDwarves#

enjoy

ubertechie

Pyro Stick:

The blunderbuss look great. Cant wait to see the whole army completed.

Ubertechie:

The blunderbuss look great. Cant wait to see the whole army completed.

Pyro Stick
yes just want the green to be a bit bluer - i have got them trying it with a watered down asurmen blue wash to see if that helps