[Archive] Ubertechies Marauder Horde� - Completed PIC HEAVY

clam:

The pictures are not of the best quality - but you avatar BB looks very promissing - really looking forward to see who this ends :smiley:

Time of Madness:

Looking good so far. Have they given you anymore updates?

Time of Madness

Ubertechie:

Okay small little update - they have now nailed the colour scheme and basing to the point that i am happy with it as seen in the image below - now they are going to crack on and paint up the bulk of them.

Loki:

Hi mate they are looking awsome, the blunderbuss looks even better with the red, how long is it going to take them to paint all the army now that they have got the colours how you want them ?

Ubertechie:

Hi mate they are looking awsome, the blunderbuss looks even better with the red, how long is it going to take them to paint all the army now that they have got the colours how you want them ?

Loki
Cheers
Should take a couple of weeks for them to churn through them all - they will put more people on it now they have the colour scheme done
just cant wait to get them home to use them. Keeping myself happy by converting and re-painting the 100 odd hobgoblins i have (72 down 30 to go) - will post so pictures later on

Loki:

I cant wait to see the army in all its glory at the club its going to look amazing, we will have to have large point game using both our armies against a few people , idea :idea after the campaign they are running in the store at the mo we could do one based around chaos dwarfs going on a slave run in to the old world and we could post it on here what do you think ?

Ubertechie:

I cant wait to see the army in all its glory at the club its going to look amazing, we will have to have large point game using both our armies against a few people , idea :idea after the campaign they are running in the store at the mo we could do one based around chaos dwarfs going on a slave run in to the old world and we could post it on here what do you think ?

Loki
Sounds like a good plan - I can do about 4,500 points of Chaos dwarves so if you want a big game when they are back (maybe on a tuesday ?) that is cool with me

BTW you can get involved with the current campaign using your Warriors of Chaos and / or Dark Elves (preferable)

Pyro Stick:

This is going to be a very unique looking army! Theres a few green 3rd edition armies around but none of them are green and red. Im not sure if i prefer the blunderbuss with the red or not, but im sure the complete army will look cool when its all done.

Loki:

Loki
Sounds like a good plan - I can do about 4,500 points of Chaos dwarves so if you want a big game when they are back (maybe on a tuesday ?) that is cool with me

BTW you can get involved with the current campaign using your Warriors of Chaos and / or Dark Elves (preferable)

Ubertechie
Excellent i will get to work on some background fluff for it and we can go from there, i dont want to play with any other army just really enjoying playing with the CD army at the mo :)

Ubertechie:

This is going to be a very unique looking army! Theres a few green 3rd edition armies around but none of them are green and red. Im not sure if i prefer the blunderbuss with the red or not, but im sure the complete army will look cool when its all done.

Pyro Stick
Thanks Pyro - I wanted something looking a bit different and having just paint a large Nurgle themed Warrior of Chaos army - plain green was too samey - also it follows the original colour scheme i tried to pull off when i painted some of the marauders myself.

Cant wait to have them all done and back in my sweaty palms

cheers

Ubertechie:

Pyro

I also think the Asurmen Blue wash has helped to define the green a lot better - if you look at these two images (before and after) it shows it well - what are your thoughts ?

Before

After

Pyro Stick:

Its basically two different colour schemes. Both have good and bad points. The wash completely changed the green and gives it more definition, but it also gives it a glossy look.

Loki:

When you see them next to each other you can see how that blue has really defined that green, good call in getting them give it wash with it

Kera foehunter:

wow love your one eye cd and your new avatar guy also

wallacer:

I couldn’t really say which I prefer as I think they both look pretty nice.

Unusual paint scheme. It will be good to see the whole lot when they’re all finished.

Ubertechie:

Thanks Wallacer - unusual - i like to think of it as more retro - going back to original 3rd edition warhammer colour schemes (artwork in that rulebook is fantastic) but with a modern take

cheers

ubertechie

tetnis:

Those guys are mad pretty, Ubertechie, I think you picked the right sri lankans!

Ubertechie:

Those guys are mad pretty, Ubertechie, I think you picked the right sri lankans!

tetnis
Cheers - and it looks like i have - cant wait to see them all painted .... (the dwarves not the sri lankan's that is :-) )

Ubertechie:

Just had a big update - almost half of the marauders are nearly completed - WIP pictures below

Group shot

And some close ups

Loki:

They are looking awsome bet you cant wait to get them back now