[Archive] Ubertechies - Warrior Of Chaos

Ubertechie:

Here are some pics of my nearly completed Warriors of Chaos Army - as you all probably know I am more of a gamer than a painter so gentle with me please. I tend to use lots of dull colours and washes and aim for an earthy look.

Anyway units shown are

2 * 18 Warriors of Nurgle

1 * 30 Marauders with Mark of Nurgle

2 * 5 Chosen Warriors of Khorne

comments are welcome

Entire Horde

Chosen Unit 1

Chosen Unit 2

Nurgle Warrior Unit 1 - Front

Nurgle Warrior Unit 1 - Back

Nurgle Warrior Unit 2 - Front

Nurgle Warrior Unit 2 - Back

Nurgle Maruaders - Front

Nurgle Marauders - Back

Khan!:

Nice! I didn’t realize that Chosen could run in units of 5. It all looks good, although I think that your first unit of warriors looks significantly better than the second. Are you going for a variety of styles?

Xander:

Very cool stuff! I like it. :slight_smile:

speedygogo:

They came out very nicely, great job!

Swissdictator:

I really like the green warriors, very nice. I agree, the first unit is indeed better. Second one is good too however.

The chosen are good too, but I can’t help but shake something is missing. I’d add a little bit of color, look at the trim (like the ‘raised lip’ on the shoulder plates) on the armor and play with that perhaps, or get some leather in there from the gloves. Adding that little bit of detail will give them the pop that will make them stunning. The armor itself is very nice indeed though.

Then again, maybe I’m just a crazy nutter speaking about how I’d have approached it. :slight_smile:

The marauders are top notch as well, very nice. Great job on the skin, that’s always been a pain for me.

Ubertechie:

Nice!  I didn't realize that Chosen could run in units of 5.  It all looks good, although I think that your first unit of warriors looks significantly better than the second.  Are you going for a variety of styles?

Khan!
Yes - constant color across the army is the wood for the weapons - but each unit is a separate war-band all coming together to fight as an army (which i think fits the back story for chaos ).

I was happier with the first unit than the second and happier with the marauders still but the thats just getting into a colour palette and figuring out what works best.

Swiss - in terms of the flesh - tallarn flesh - orgyn flesh - devlan mud - simple really

cheers
ubertechie

clam:

Great work Ubertechie :hat off

Love that 1st unit of warriors - now - once again, what was the reason for shipping you CDs half around the world? :wink:

Kera foehunter:

great group of chaos warriors love the green

Ubertechie:

Great work Ubertechie :hat off

Love that 1st unit of warriors - now - once again, what was the reason for shipping you CDs half around the world? ;)

clam
Thanks for the nice comments - I paint to look good at gaming level so there isnt a lot of detail on any of them.
As for shipping the CDs of for painting, the reason is that the one thing you can never get more of in your life is time and whilst i enjoy painting to a certain degree - the things that I get most enjoyment out are my family - Picture of wife and youngest below

Loki:

Nice work on the warriors, the big unit of Nurgle Maruaders are very cool,:hat off when are we going to see them down the club ?

Ubertechie:

Nice work on the warriors, the big unit of Nurgle Maruaders are very cool,:hat off when are we going to see them down the club ?

Loki
Thanks - just need to finish another 15 chosen and 2 spawn they are ready to to roll so maybe 2 weeks ?

Loki:

Nice one we will have to get a game sorted out :hat

Ubertechie:

Nice one we will have to get a game sorted out :hat

Loki
No worries - or alternatively If you ever want to come over to Rye I have a gaming table and plenty of room