[Archive] unit fillers(1)

keckmatt:

Hi,

I was curious about unit fillers. I was thinking about using a minotaur model as a unit filler for my chaos dwarf warriors. I was also trying to come up with an idea for my hobgoblin warriors. I have some old C23 ogres that I thought might work. Any ideas or suggestions wold be be appreciated. Also would it be wrong to use an ogre as a unit filler for my chaos dwarfs from a fluff sense?

Zanko:

It depends of the size of your units what you might use (base size!).

Here are some possible examples (ok they are very specific for my army :wink: ):

:hashut

keckmatt:

Those are pretty cool unit fillers. I’m building a big hat army and looking at unit filler base sizes around 20mm x 40mm and 40mm x 40mm.

Thommy H:

This is one I used for my Chaos Dwarfs:

Bloodbeard:

I love unitfillers. They add so much to a regiment. There’s already an old thread with tips and tricks on unit fillers going on. Check it out and perhaps continue the discussion there, we’ll make it an ‘important thread’: Unit and rank fillers

keckmatt:

Thommy H, Sweet. What did you use for the base of the statue?

Bloodbeard, Thanks for the link to that thread. There are some really great ideas in it.

Thommy H:

It’s the altar from the Chaos Warshrine.

keckmatt:

Thanks, I just picked up two of them for my warrior units. Now I just need to come up with hobgoblin unit fillers.

Bloodbeard:

Thanks, I just picked up two of them for my warrior units. Now I just need to come up with hobgoblin unit fillers.

keckmatt
Ideas for hobgoblins (gonna do myself).

1. Chaos dwarf overseer on palanquin carried by hobgoblins. Eiter 2 carriers on a 40mm base or 4 carriers on a 40*60 base.

2. A hobgoblin overseer on wolf. 40 mm base.

3. Beastmaster. A hobgoblin holding a chained wolf. 40*60 mm.

4. Captured black orc in cage. 40mm base.