[Archive] Unreleased Chaos dwarf for sale

Willmark:

$132 US… are you f’ing kidding me??? Don’t these people have better things to do???

gIL^:

i really wanted it, but it went for to much, plus how do we know? it might not be genuine, could just have been recast,

hypothetically whats stops people making a living of forging these minitiures? and selling them for a rediculas amount of cash?

wallacer:

hypothetically whats stops people making a living of forging these minitiures? and selling them for a rediculas amount of cash?

gIL^
Technically, nothing I guess. Although as I understand it casting equipment is fairly expensive, which means that they'd need to recast a fair bit to recoup their original outlay (probably to the extent that somebody would sit up and take notice. There are people who keep an eye out for that kind of thing on eBay).

angryboy2k:

i really wanted it, but it went for to much, plus how do we know? it might not be genuine, could just have been recast,

gIL^
Don't be silly gIL, both of these sellers are above reproach.

Now as far as recasting for profit goes, if you're gonna do it properly (spincasting, not drop-casting) it's only worth doing it for a few types of figure.

No-one in their right mind would spend the money to set up a recast operation of these unreleased Chaos Dwarfs - they're not worth that much, and the price they went for yesterday is extremely abnormal. I paid $50 for mine, and I've seen it sell on eBay for $35.

Steve

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

interesting is it not that one of them went for �64.00 and the other �119.00

torn:

re-casting wouldnt be worth it if doing it for a profit, and not just in secret in your own home. for a start its a serious crime and you will probably get fined all the money you made, plus damage, plus court fees, plus even possibly a custodial sentance.

if i had my own spincaster id rather use it setting up an online store of self sculped or legally owned models, although chances are that after a year or two you would probably have just broke even on the equipment costs.

wallacer:

interesting is it not that one of them went for �64.00 and the other �119.00

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
I'm guessing that two people probably bled each other dry going for the more expensive one (not being sure what exactly they'd have to pay for the other one if they missed out), then the person who missed out bought the other one (and actually ended up saving some money).

Kera foehunter:

Now thats maddness. for one figure

wallacer:

Now thats��maddness. for one figure

Kera foehunter
It seems unreasonable to me, too.
But to a lot of people that kind of cash is probably just pocket money, so maybe they just didn't care what they had to pay to win it.
I hate my mortgage so much...

angryboy2k:

I’d have no problems spending that kind of money on several Inquisitor figures that I’m looking for.

Steve