Hi guys,

I’ve decided to part with my unreleased Chaos Dwarf. You can see it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250379767685

Cheers,

Steve

two_heads_talking:

Good luck to you… unfortunately, it’s too pricey for me… :frowning:

clam:

If that were the case, why didn’t you just come and tell me. Could easily have helped you with that problem :smiley:

It’s beautiful, before letting it go you should add it to one of the galleries - as we rarely see one of these.

I’ll follow the auction with great interest.

angryboy2k:

I’ve added a second picture so that people can see the back.

@Clam: thanks for the compliment. I’ll be happy to put pics in the gallery if someone can tell me where the instructions are. Or I’ll send the originals to someone else to do it if they’d like.

As to the price, Martin’s unpainted model (same figure) went for over $150. Mine’s painted (which may or may not be your bag) but the starting price is just a third of that, and even the Buy It Now price is lower.

Steve

EDIT: I think if I just attach pics here Xander can link to them, right?

[attachment=1128]

Ghrask Dragh:

Amazing paintjob, but then thats why have one of 'em purdy medals there.

A shame you’ve decided to part with it, should fetch a fair bit for yourself, like clam I will be watching this with great interest.

Xander:

I do not ship to Italy. Not now, not ever. Sorry.

Angryboy2k
lol, pwn

Awesome miniature, dude. I'll see what I can do for the gallery.

EDIT: *pop* https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/10039

two_heads_talking:

OH, I’ not saying you have it too high, just that it’s too much for me… I hope it sells for alot for you…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Why not ship to Italy?

I’m in Canada, so it doesn’t really matter to me…but why not Italy?

two_heads_talking:

Does it really matter?  That’s his choice.

clam:

Why not ship to Italy?

I'm in Canada, so it doesn't really matter to me...but why not Italy?

Tarrakk Blackhand
Many eBay sellers put this up in there adds. Think it's because of the postal service in Italy. Things seems to disapear in Italy - I guess :D

@ angryboy2k - if you want me to put those picture in the gallery - I'm at your service

angryboy2k:

I didn’t use to have a problem shipping to Italy, but recently I had a buyer of a limited edition figure try to tell me that it had never arrived.

Had he waited five or six weeks before trying this I would have probably chalked it up to bad luck and refunded him his money. However, he pulled this trick after seven days, immediately went from “dispute” to “claim” on Paypal and told lies in his deposition to Paypal (said I’d never contacted him since the day he made payment and that he’d tried to reach me many times).

It turned out that he’d pulled the same trick with several other sellers as well.

I posted on the Collecting Citadel Miniatures group about him, and being concerned about his own reputation as a seller, the buyer refunded me my money and sent me some insulting and threatening messages.

So to summarize, I sent a figure to Italy despite some misgivings - everyone knows their postal service is almost as bad as South Africa’s - and almost got burned by someone trying to take advantage of it. That one person has ruined it for any honest buyers in Italy who would want to deal with me.

Cheers,
Steve
PS. I’ve linked to those images in the thread Xander posted. If I’ve done it wrong please let me know.

two_heads_talking:

I was also thinking that many of the ‘recasters’ out there seem to live in Italy. some others live in South America, I think Brazil. So, alot of LE sellers will avoid those places, as they know it’s a higher probability that their LE model will become a common recast…

clam:

PS. I've linked to those images in the thread Xander posted. If I've done it wrong please let me know.

angryboy2k
They are perfect - so glad you did this for us - thx!

clam:

Congrats, Angryboy2k :smiley: - $132.50 is a great price - but sadly (for me) way more than I was willing to pay :wink: May we be so lucky, that the winner might ba a CDO member?

Xander:

Wow! Money! What will you do with all the profits? :slight_smile: A new forge, perhaps?

alex:

what year is this model? and how did you get one if its unreleased?

angryboy2k:

I think the winning bidder IS a CDO member. At any rate, I’ve seen him around on eBay or one of the forums I frequent - he may have bought stuff from me in the past.

I’m very happy with the price, and I hope the winning bidder is very happy with the model and the paintjob. I’ll be using the money (along with the other funds I’ve raised this month) as payment against my Canadian school loan which I am STILL paying off. :frowning:

As for the the year, I can’t say for sure. I obtained one from a well-known dealer in Citadel rarities. He gets his models from former Citadel employees and of course, other collectors.

I expect this particular figure was sculpted, cast up in a master mold, but never made into a production figure. The master mold would likely have been used by the staff to run off a few models for staff members and that is where this figure would have come from.

Cheers,

Steve

hashuts lil helper:

I think the winning bidder IS a CDO member. At any rate, I've seen him around on eBay or one of the forums I frequent - he may have bought stuff from me in the past.

angryboy2k
Aye I am happy with the mini as I am now an owner of every chaos dwarf made by citadel/games workshop. I feel a little stupid that I did not use the buy it now, but what is $7.50 compared to completeness:cheers

angryboy2k:

Aye I am happy with the mini as I am now an owner of every chaos dwarf made by citadel/games workshop.  I feel a little stupid that I did not use the buy it now, but what is $7.50 compared to completeness:cheers

hashuts lil helper
That's brilliant! So it's going to a good home :)

I'm very happy for you - well done!

Steve

clam:

I think the winning bidder IS a CDO member. At any rate, I've seen him around on eBay or one of the forums I frequent - he may have bought stuff from me in the past.

angryboy2k
Aye I am happy with the mini as I am now an owner of every chaos dwarf made by citadel/games workshop. I feel a little stupid that I did not use the buy it now, but what is $7.50 compared to completeness:cheers

hashuts lil helper
Congrats, mate - you'll have to come and show us you collection one day :D