[Archive] upcoming gw releases (all ranges)

wallacer:

Does anyone get the feeling that fantasy has been steadily getting left out more and more? Especially in White Dwarf and the likes...

Hashut's Blessing
Yes indeed. In their present condition GW need cash and 40k and LoTR are where the money is.
Fantasy just doesn't rake in the revenue like it used to.

Kera foehunter:

i heard the lotr is whats draging the boat down.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117429

for more details of the vc, i would do pics but it wont let me for some wierd reason

Kera foehunter:

i like the corps cart it looks cool

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

i like the corps cart it looks cool

Kera foehunter
its supposed to be plastic according to the thread

Willmark:

Yes indeed.��In their present condition GW need cash and 40k and LoTR are where the money is.
Fantasy just doesn't rake in the revenue like it used to.

wallacer
1) no arguement on 40k
2) Respectfully disagree on LoTR. With the movies done for some time now I don't think the game has the draw/appeal it once did. Another point that isnt in GWs favor: the Tolkien Estate has protected the IP of the estate to such zealous measures they make GWs efforts in such matters look amateurish. Thus my point is this: GW is most likely over a barrel when it comes to licesning the game and one can only guess what it cost; doesn't take much of a leap of faith to surmise it probably ain't cheap... GW does have to pay any royalties on any other game of theirs that I am aware of.

wallacer:

2) Respectfully disagree on LoTR.

Willmark
I hear different stories about this from different people.
My understanding is that LoTR is still outstripping Warhammer in sales terms (thus relegating Warhammer to third place of their core gaming systems).

I agree with you that LoTR's appeal will start to diminish now that the movies are done. Hopefully LoTR will start to die and Warhammer can start getting the love it deserves.

Hard to believe there was a time when Warhammer was GW's only core system.

Kera foehunter:

i think lotr is dead. i dont see anyone playing it or 40 k

Hashut’s Blessing:

That surprises me, Kera. Nobody here, nor back in Essex, seems to like to play Fantasy. All 40k. Annoying as heck to have NO opponents…

Willmark:

Obviously 40k is the champ and unlikely to change. Fantasy isnt going anywhere either. That being said I have yet to encounter anyone who plays LoTR. Just my observations mind you.

Played 40k for a while, Fantasy had it beat hands down.

Malificant:

the GW store in milwaukee has a minas tirith gaming table built up, and noone had yet to have used it before me and my friend decided to play 40k on it just because. we are the first, and only people to have used the table.

Kera foehunter:

i have never seen lotr being played eather. They hardly have there stuff to sell at the store i go to

Uzkul Werit:

We have three or so LOTR players in Cardiff (me included) but on the whole, we play WFB more.