[Archive] Upcomng Russian Alternative Indigogo campaign for Fire Canyon Dwarves

fattdex:

I emailed R.A to check the release date of the blunderbuss chaos dwarves, they gave me this info (which they are happy to share)

"

With regards to blunderbuss/rifle dwarves - we are about to start an indiegogo campaign soon for the whole line of new Dwarves, and those are the first to be released as a result of a campaign. We hope you will be amongst our supporters then :)"

Rozmax, I hope you are not too busy right now!

We know that they have the blunderbuss dwarvs ready to sell, I imagine that a lot of nice things will come out of this.

Nicodemus:

I’ve been at work on details for this behind the scenes, We’ll have a little more to share about this soon!

~N

Zanthrax:

Great news these minis are great

Rozmax:

Rozmax, I hope you are not too busy right now!

fattdex
Who said? )

Sticklander:

You can definitely count me in! Love Rozmax’s sculpts! :smiley:

Averrucus:

great!!! as an european Zharr (and quite the lazy one), dat Indiegogo campaign sounds reaaaally juicy!!!

can’t wait!!

mireadur:

I just bought a 19 strong unit of warriors, unfortunately im working in the nederlands and ordered them to Spain so i wont be able to see the models in person until christmas. My favourite model is the champion. It is just so amazing it could perfectly be the lord hehe.

About the indiegogo campaign… Thats a kickstarter right? Could anyone direct me to the site? Id like to support it.

Sticklander:

About the indiegogo campaign.. Thats a kickstarter right? Could anyone direct me to the site? Id like to support it.

mireadur
I don't think it's started yet, as it appears to still be in development, plus I couldn't find it on a google search! ;)

But at least it's getting the publicity it needs on here before it even starts!

Yodrin:

Are they metal or plastic figs?

mireadur:

I don't think it's started yet, as it appears to still be in development, plus I couldn't find it on a google search! ;)

But at least it's getting the publicity it needs on here before it even starts!

Sticklander
You know, i keep forgetting i can google things x.x

I hope the models are metal and that they are handcrafted =). 3D rendered minis suck and after they are cast in plastic more even..

Rozmax:

I hope the models are metal and that they are handcrafted =). 3D rendered minis suck and after they are cast in plastic more even..

mireadur
All models of metal. and, I am sure, handmade!

mireadur:

mireadur
All models of metal. and, I am sure, handmade!

Rozmax
Then i think you will have 1 more backer :p

Yodrin:

I like plastic cause of the weight and durability. But either way, I am going to buy the GW when they are ready to order. I just love Rozmax scuplts!!!

NemesisCH:

When the project starts, i should become some material (Artworks, Pictures …). I will post them here and in some other boards. There are some great ideas on its way, but RA need time.

:frowning: there it goes, … my money. :wink:

fattdex:

So when is this due to start? I am getting sick of dragging this fat sack of gold around…

mireadur:

well i could get my dwarf fire cannyon models finally and they are simply amazing.

However theres a ‘‘but’’. The metal alloy used is really soft, i mean really. so you have to be very careful when preparing and painting these models.

Im a little bit concerned right now if this is the material that is going to be used for the kickstarter campaign.

Nicodemus:

I dunno, it’s a little soft, but not terribly-so. From my experience the quality of the metal is pretty standard for smaller miniature companies, and I’d still take these over Finecast or soft plastic any day.

Jake:

I agree with mireadur - the metal is soft. Too soft for me, so I doubt I’ll be getting more than the hero guy I have already if that is the material used.

But the sculpt is excellent.

mireadur:

I dunno, it's a little soft, but not terribly-so.  From my experience the quality of the metal is pretty standard for smaller miniature companies, and I'd still take these over Finecast or soft plastic any day.

Nicodemus
Braggonor's alloy seems to be as hard as the one GW used to use...

I also prefer metal to finecast and even over plastic (for infantry models on the latter, for any model on the former :P), but im not talking about that.. Im just pointing out how soft the material is. Too much for my taste.

I would probably still buy these extra soft miniatures (the problem really are weapons and poles, the main body is hard enough), but it certainly makes me think twice about a serious investment considering how easily the weapons can break and how it will be almost impossible to fix them if it happens.

It really all comes down to the difference between being 100% sold to the models, and having to ponder a balance between an amazing quality and a not so good material for gaming purposes.

TheFNG:

Any updates? I am on the verge of buying some Mantic blunderbusses, but would really like to see these first!