[Archive] Update 05/14/09 - Chaos Dwarfs of Gharhars

Merchant:

Finally some updates:

But first from the Tome of Corruption:
From somewhere in them middle, about the CDs.

- However, the Chaos Dwarfs, witch is what they now were, relised they were too few to build all that Hashut demanded. First, they enslaved the native Greenskins to help them, but they proved unreliable and treacherous. So, the Chaos Dwarf Sorrcerers, experimented with their Greenskin slaves and bred a new race of reliable Orc, which they called Black Orcs, but even they proved too wilful and independent. When the Black Orcs rebelled, it was only through the aid of the Hobgoblins that the Chaos Dwarfs were not wiped out entirely.

My Chaos Dwarfs have learned from their ancestors and have crafted a head-devise (A sort of brain-control) - to keep the Black Orcs from attacking (well others than Greenskins)

And so here is the first rank of my Black Orcs :slight_smile:
From left to right (as in row position)

And as the text from Tome of Corruption says, the CDs enslaved native greenskins, so here is my first native goblin:

Well, back to the fatties :slight_smile: Here’s my prototype blunderbuss:

That’s it for now… So let me hear what you think of my project so far :slight_smile:

Cheers :cheers

minty:

those be-eth awesome, you are great at this converting stuff

though I think the native green skins ment people who lived round there, not native as in red indian or caveman. Still, cool gobbo

Kera foehunter:

great job on the black orcs

AGPO:

Really nice work, my own project is very similar (I.e. stolen from Xander)

Merchant:

those be-eth awesome, you are great at this converting stuff

though I think the native green skins ment people who lived round there, not native as in red indian or caveman. Still, cool gobbo

minty
- Thanks mate :) But their are native Greenskin as I see it, since native does not only mean indians ;)
great job on the black orcs

Kera foehunter
- Thanks mate, when will we see some of your Black Orcs? :)
Really nice work, my own project is very similar (I.e. stolen from Xander)

AGPO
- Yeah, Xanders is the proud father of the new CD look :)
But thanks mate - are you having any of your work loaded up on this web? :)

Kera foehunter:

well sad i"m not that far yet. still on the cd .but i like to do some black orcs pirate style

thanks for asking merchant

Merchant:

well *sad*  i"m not that far yet. still on the cd .but i like to do some black orcs  pirate style
thanks for asking merchant

Kera foehunter
Ohh - thats sounds cool :)

I my self, have many projects going on at the same time - so I not get tired of them.
- such as my first 5 warriors, the only thing missing is their bases.
- my first blunderbuss.
- and so on...

Merchant:

When an idea comes around - you just have to take it by the balls :slight_smile:

By Chaos Dwarf Lord is under the knife - and with some help from my beloved fiancée - he might be uploaded at the end of this week :slight_smile:

Cheers :cheers

Update on the lord:

- The project it on hold - bacuse the figure just don’t wanna work with me, so now I’m working on a new and more interessting one showing the real face of my chaotic dwarfs :~ wha ha ha

Merchant:

Here is the crew for my first Earthshaker:

- The Earthshaker itself is still under construction, and I’ll keep it as a secret 'till it’s done :slight_smile:

And my first Hobgoblin. All my respect and thanks for letting me using your ideas, Geckilian :hat off

Once again, let me hear what you think of it so far.

Xander:

Everything looks stellar. Love the hobgoblin. Love it all.

I might try to make the stomach of the hobbo a bit less muscular on his stomach. A bit of a pot belly would be nice. Just smooth our the area under the pectorals with a little flab. :slight_smile:

I love the use of the 40k Ork stuff. I should really get a hold of some of that.

Merchant:

Sounds like a good idea! I’ll try when I have a couple of them done… since I sometimes succed at first and then screw up a little on the rest :slight_smile:

Canix:

All looks great as always excellent GS work Merchant.I particularily like the ES crew .Any paint? lets see your colourscheme then;)

Merchant:

All looks great as always excellent GS work Merchant.I particularily like the ES crew .Any paint? lets see your colourscheme then;)

Canix
About the paint... Ehm, I'm having problems finding the collour I' like to use - at this point. But hopefully something will come to my mind soon :~
- Thanks again mate :)

al-hashut:

Looks really good Merchant, i especially like the headswaps on the black orcs. Can you tell me what model the the top of the standard is from on the BO BSB? i can’t place it

Fridericus_Rex:

Looks good so far. Love the Black orcs together with all their belongings. Love also the hobgoblins.

Filipicusius:

Where does the hobgobbo body come from?

Geckilian:

All my respect and thanks for letting me using your ideas, Thommy H :hat off

Merchant
Though I don't mind that much, I do hope by 'Thommy H' you meant 'Geckilian', as I was the one who made them. At any rate, nice work.

Filipicusius, they're Empire Flagellant bodies.

Merchant:

Looks really good Merchant, i especially like the headswaps on the black orcs. Can you tell me what model the the top of the standard is from on the BO BSB? i can't place it

al-hashut
It's from the metal Black Orcs' standart banner :)
Though I don't mind that much, I do hope by 'Thommy H' you meant 'Geckilian', as I was the one who made them. At any rate, nice work.

Filipicusius, they're Empire Flagellant bodies.

Geckilian
Sorry, mate. But I saw the idea used by Thommy H (on a BB-team) and asked him if it was ok, that I used it as well... But if you were the first, then thanks to you too :hat off

Dino:

Why have I never posted on this thread?

Well any way I really like this stuff Merchant. I hope you don’t mind but i’d like to steal your idea for have the chaos dwarf with his weapon resting on his shoulder(I really like that guy). All in all this stuff looks great. Keep up the good work.

Merchant:

Why have I never posted on this thread?

Well any way I really like this stuff Merchant. I hope you don't mind but i'd like to steal your idea for have the chaos dwarf with his weapon resting on his shoulder(I really like that guy). All in all this stuff looks great. Keep up the good work.

Dino
Thanks a lot :) Well, of course you may use the weapon-on-shoulder idea! We're on CD to help each other with ideas and inspiration :cheers