[Archive] UPDATE-Xerzesh's army of cruel slavers[WARSHRINE AND FIRST 5 WARRIORS]

Akahoushi Rezo:

Hi there! I hope someone remebers me X°D. I’m the guy who converted and painted the daemon prince of hashut, months and months ago.Well, so much time is passed since that last work, but finally, I had the chance to get my hand on some 4th edition chaos dwarfs models. Since I’ve not enough of them to field an army using the ravening hordes list, I’ve decided to use the warriors of chaos army book to field a little force of chaos dwarves. This army needs to be completed for the 20 of febraury,since I’ve decided to take it to an throne of skull tournament and try to win the best army prize.Thi blog will be updated slowly since in the meanwhile I’m working on 3 armies for a friend collector( need money to pay up my trip to Japan y’know).I will show 2 of the 3 armies completed for the guy in next days( Alice in Beastland and Nippon Ogres), so that I can show you some of my other works.Returning on the chaos dwarf project, I will now list the  2k army composition with my ideas of making each unit and character.

So this is the project

Lord choices: Chaos Daemon Prince: I’m goin to convert another daemon prince of Hashut similar to the last one I made.It will be slightly different from the fisrt one tough.

Hero choices:

Sorcerer: no conversion just the 4th edition sorcerer on foot

Bsb: The AWESOME 4th edition chaos dwarf hero with a little conversion on the banner.

Exalted hero: I will describe him within the explanation of one of the chaos warriors unit.

Troops:

19 man strong chaos warriors unit: 4th edition warriors with some kind of center piece( I believe a little group of slave would just do the trick)

15 man stron chaos warriors unit: Here the second big conversion ( the first one in the daemon prince) I’ve got this idea after watching 300 of this unit of spartans orc, rebelling the chaos dwarf after years of slavery. So I’ve started to convert a unit of 15 orcs with pikes, using the old empire state troops round shield and spartan style hemlets.The Exalted hero will be the leader of the rebels,made from a metal black orc with a greek like helmet.The idea is that, when playing, the orc unit just fight alongside with the dwarfs because it still hasn’t rebelled, but in the army diorama, the 15 orcs will oppose the rest of the chaos dwarf army.

Specials:

5 chaos knights: here no big conversion too. Just a unit of 4th edition bullcentaurs with converted command group.

Rare:Chaos dwarf hellcannon: ( this is the 3rd big conversion) It’s a thing I’ve always wanted to create. A chaos dwarf battle tank made from empire steam tank. I will add chaos shields, chaos icons, a dawi zharr pilot and other stuff to make him look like a marvelous creation made by a chaos dwarf evil genius.

that’s it! I still have to decide a suitable colour scheme for the dwarven units, but hey, one step at the time :cheers

hope to hear comments and proposals for this army project!

see you soon my friends!:hat off

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Zanko:

Your plan sounds very ambitious and interesting! :hat off

Remembering your Daemon Prince of Hashut I’m really eager to see your new creations! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also the choice of the colour scheme of your upcoming army interests me a lot - will it be in the same way like your Daemon Prince?

:hashut

Akahoushi Rezo:

Your plan sounds very ambitious and interesting! :hat off

Remembering your Daemon Prince of Hashut I'm really eager to see your new creations! :P

Also the choice of the colour scheme of your upcoming army interests me a lot - will it be in the same way like your Daemon Prince?

:hashut

Zanko
Before going to sleep I've tought of a nice colour scheme.A bone like colour for scales and hat with details in red and bronze for the metals. what do you think of it?

Unzul:

use a contrast colour for the bone, like black…

Akahoushi Rezo:

Finally this is the first update. I’ve been busy finishing a voodoo themed VC army so I had little time for my beloved dawi zharr. I had the time to create two variotions of 25mm lava bases and also I’ve tried in putting toghether the components for the spartan orcs unit.This is the first boy,assembled with blue tac to see what they will look like.I’m quite satisfied with him:)

on the lava base:

and here’s a couple of shots of the two bases.They will be cast in resin next week along with some 40mm and 50mm lava bases I still have to work on.

Also I’ve decided to try a bone/dark purple colour scheme in the next days.We’ll see how it will look like :smiley:

Akahoushi Rezo:

so, no comments anyone? critics?

vulcanologist:

Looking good. I like your lava bases alot! I’m really looking forward to seeing more especially your paint scheme!

sparrow:

I love the concept, and the orc head and helm look great. If I were to say anything I think the edges of the bases might be too much.

I find clean edges to the bases makes the detail on the base pop more. That and you might have ranking issues later if the straight edges are lost.

But saying that your deamon prince was great so I’ll look forward to the paint job.

Jon

dncswlf:

I love the Spartan Orc Concept. The helmet and crest came out great! Can’t wait to see him painted.

nitroglysarine:

Great looking lave, make of offcuts bits of resin??

Loki:

Cant believe i have missed this, great concept and the first model looks great, are you going to do a ork kicking a goblin in to a hole in the ground ?

Akahoushi Rezo:

@nitroglysarine: No the rocks are made from a bottle top :slight_smile:

Next update my fellow slavers!

I’v done some work in this days, so I’ll give you some great photos. Let’ start from the spartan orco unit champion/hero.He’s simply a metal black orc with spartan like helmet

Next the start of the daemonic chaos dwarf,that I’ve decided to use as a giant instead of a daemon prince( the list has changed a bit,since my girlfriend is going to give me an Astragoth model as christmas present) He still needs work with gs in order to give him a curly beard and dawi-zharr like nose.

Next my first try for he army colour scheme.I’m quite saisfied with the bone/purple look but I need to find a more fitting color fore the skin.I was thinking of using some kind of red for the skin.

And finally, the STEAM TANK!:smiley: It’ still need some gs work, especially in the back( the furnace with the screaming souls) but It’s almost finished.I used various bits from the VC corpse chart and some other chaos bits to make it more evil like.There you go!

So that’s all for today! In the next days I’ll be finishing the giant and the tank and trying another colour skin for my little dwarfs^^

So let me know what you think of:hat off

Loki:

I like every thing its all awesome the steam tank has never looked so good :slight_smile:

nitroglysarine:

wonderful mutation of the empire engine,

maybe a tab more ‘chaosing’?

dncswlf:

Excellent stuff… you have to get painting now!

Nicodemus:

Great stuff… the steam tank as well as the guy out the top turned out great. Can’t wait to see more!!

~N

Akahoushi Rezo:

Little update, with no photos though,since I need soma feedback for my idea for a chaos warshrine.

I’ve decided to one or two khemri chariots as base for the war shrine and a model of nagash as totem.I’m going to remove his crown and replace it with and hat and then sculpt curly beard and hairs on his skull.I will create a chaos icon for is sceptre and I’ve decided to put some braziers on the chariot.Everything will be pulled into war by a bullcentaur. So guys what do you think of it?

P.s: I’ve decided to give up on the daemon prince this time.I decided that I realy want astragoth to be my army general, so no big guys in army( except for the shrine and the Stank,buy they are no guys :D)I’ve also managed to get my hands on 6 6th edition night goblin, I’ll use them as wolf riders.I Think I’ll scuplt mongolian beard and moustaches for them :slight_smile:

Skink:

What can I say??? Sounds good! Go for it man!!! Nagash is maybe not the best model ever produced by GW but there should be plenty of space for restyling and sculpting.

About your previous posts, everything looks good! I especially like your color scheme, white & purple are a good combo indeed:)

Akahoushi Rezo:

What can I say??? Sounds good! Go for it man!!! Nagash is maybe not the best model ever produced by GW but there should be plenty of space for restyling and sculpting.

About your previous posts, everything looks good! I especially like your color scheme, white & purple are a good combo indeed:)

Skink
I was thinking to add some horns too on Nagash's skull to make him look more dawi-zharr,I Think the rest will remain as it is, since the sculpt is nice enough for a statue.

Oh, thanks for the colour scheme,but I've changed it to a red/ turquoise with normal skin colour.I will soon post some photos since it's turning out great!

Akahoushi Rezo:

here’s another update! I’ve finished working on the warshrine and also I’v almost completed my first 5 chaos dwarf warriors.I’ve decided to use only a few spartan orc as a center piece for my chaos dwarf unit, like slaves from a great tribe of black orcs.I’m qui satisfied with the shrine and with how the colour scheme is turning on the warriors. here are some pics!

I’m also proud of my volcanic bases.they look soo good :cheers Oh I’m planning to take orders for the lava bases if anyone is interested in some^^

So what do you think?!?:hat off