[Archive] US Grand tournament - without CDs

Cotter:

Sad news,

for the upcoming US GTs, there will be no possibility to field a Chaos Dwarf army. They are not included in the list of armies allowed.

See here for more details:

http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/2008/gt_promo/rules_wh.htm

Bad news make little Hashtut cry…

Willmark:

Dogs of War are getting the shaft too.

Time for for someone from the UK to actually call the contact information and find out what is going on. I might call up teh US side and see if they say anything other then teh standard blah, blah, blah…

dancehat:

Just move to sweden! Here we dont care about “little timmy” finding it hard to keep track of list such as the Storm of Chaos, CDs or DoW etc.

On a more serious note, if someone in US and UK could actually figure out whats going on it would be great.

-Dancehat

metro_gnome:

well its clear whats going on…
no book? no soup for you!

hope new HoC has a place for us…
and in the meantime… play a dwarf list…
but keep putting your models on the table…

Willmark:

Or you play at home where house rules are supreme.

dancehat:

Or you play at home where house rules are supreme.

Willmark
Like I said, move to sweden :cheers
play a dwarf list...
Yepp, that is what I´d do if I were to go to a GW endorsed tournament and of course use Chaod Dwarf models to represent my army.
The larger tournaments here in sweden that I know of(GothCon, RTO and Quest for atlantis) allow you to use chaos dwarfs... and I´m bloody happy bout that!

-Dancehat

metro_gnome:

for now…

I might consider moving to sweden…

but I hear the drinking is really expensive…

cornixt:

Can we get Intellectawe to have a word with GW? Didn’t he make a big fuss or take credit for getting them to do the GT FAQ or something

metro_gnome:

he certainly took credit for it… he also just recently sold all his models on ebay…
at the time CDs were just a tourney army that didn’t gel with 7th ed…
now they are not a tourney army at all…

Kera foehunter:

Well i don’t think much about gw (grand pay a lot of money to be part of a crappy boring Gt,Tournament and drive 400 miles to play ) We have local player and go to other store to play there best!!! We all get along great and don’t worrie about the 7 addition rules we play for fun And to win. Boycott the G T

Xander:

well its clear whats going on...
no book? no soup for you!

hope new HoC has a place for us...
and in the meantime... play a dwarf list...
but keep putting your models on the table...

metro_gnome
I think this is a better strategy than boycotting. :P

Keep the spirit alive!

Grimstonefire:

hope new HoC has a place for us...

metro_gnome
I hope not! They are supposedly releasing a WD HoC 'make do' list in July, so it will be very interesting to see if there is anything CD related in there.

IMO if there is any unit/ warmachine that includes CD its a VERY bad sign.

On topic, it is a shame but there's no reason you can't use an awesome 'counts as' Dwarf army.

metro_gnome:

IMO if there is any unit/ warmachine that includes CD its a VERY bad sign.

Grimstonefire
compared to what? :rolleyes:

i think its a "grand" idea to tread all over GWs plans for a CD release... :rolleyes:

Grimstonefire:

As far as I’m concerned its all or nothing.  Either a full book and a complete army, or nothing.

They have stated they plan to do CD as a full army at some point, and to include anything in a HoC book might mean they continue to put it off indefinately.

Considering the HoC Core units are pretty much sorted now anyway, how realistic would it be to introduce CD only as a special or rare choice? CD are rare anyway, so to include them as a special choice would mean they would have to be pretty elite (i.e. not CD warriors etc). This would be unrealistic IMO, because the few elite troops would be part of the CD armies. Core CD troops… well they could join a HoC army fluffwise, but as I said, I don’t think they need them there. Or if they were there they would negate an imposed weakness (short ranged missile weapons).

A single warmachine or special character could be feasible in a HoC book. I wouldn’t mind that, but any core units appearing in HoC would spell the end of CD as a seperate army IMO.

dancehat:

compared to what?
Like them harlequins for example. Pushed into the Eldar list and thats basically the end of them as their own army. Would be a terrible shame if that happend.

And like others said, dont boycott, keep on showing them GW people that we´re still here.

metro_gnome:

well we’ve got plenty of nothing at the moment Grim… you must be all smiles…

by my rekoning a Chaos mortals book is a pretty sparse thing indeed…
Marauders on horse and foot… Chaos Warriors on horse and foot… hounds and chariots…
6 units does not a book make… we should know… we have only 4…
but 10 units?.. I see the start of a beautiful friendship… and room to grow for each…

I wouldn’t mind that, but any core units appearing in HoC would spell the end of CD as a seperate army IMO.
of course it would… not that CD were ever a “seperate” army…
add on for Chaos… add on for O&G… add on for Chaos again…
we will be what we have always been…

Grimstonefire:

of course it would... not that CD were ever a "seperate" army...
add on for Chaos... add on for O&G... add on for Chaos again...
we will be what we have always been...

metro_gnome
True, but not what we deserve to be.

I'm fairly confident GW won't want to include them anyway in the HoC book.   They don't need to add that much to the mortals list:

Core
Hounds
Marauders
Marauder Horsemen
Marauder Raiders (Skirmishers)
Chaos Warriors
Chaos Knights

Special
Marauder Chariot
Chosen Warriors
Chosen Knights
Chaos Chariot
Something new here  Unridden beast/ simple warmachine.

Rare would be Spawn, Giant, and something to replace Furies.

So maybe 4 entries and a couple of hero/ lord options.  Easy to do and they probably have a whole list of things they would want to include before they get to us.

metro_gnome:

True, but not what we deserve to be.
i find the pretense amusing... but remain unconvinced...
do we deserve to not exist?... cause thats the present...

or a HoC list could look like:

Core
Maruaders
Marauder Horsemen
Chaos Warriors
Chaos Knights
Chaos Dwarf Warriors
Hounds

Special
Blunderbusses
Bull Centaurs
Chariots
Flayerkin
Furies (or lesser daemons or whatever)

Rare
Greater Daemon
Hellcannon
Spawn

no unlikely inventions... nor splitting single units in two and calling it devlopment...

Kera foehunter:

well if you want to keep the sprite alive let have are own gt ??  or just mail gw for a request of letting chaos dwarfs in. no soup ! we tell them this is the soup!!!

metro_gnome:

while the ability to play turn based WHFB online is an intriguing one…

the technology does not exist (that I know of)…

So unless CDO is full of programmers who can whip us up a client…

I doubt we could host our own online GT just so we can include CDs in the list of legal armies…

I’d like to write GW about my Cathay army …

do you think I can get them in the GT?