[Archive] Uzkul Werit's Tactical Thoughts

Uzkul Werit:

Yes, I’m stealing Breton’s idea. But why not?

The reason behind this thread is simple, I guess. I just played a local tourny (came 21st, by the way) with my Chaos Dwarfs and playing the army in such an environment got the cogs in my head going. My club will be attending more tournies with the possibility of a Welsh team going for the ETC next year. Am I good enough to break into the top tens at the tournies or get onto the ETC team? Most likely not but I am keen on becoming a better Chaos Dwarf general and improving my game. My list as of the event was:

Lord Vadurr (High Priest): 335PTS

Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, Arcane Apparatus, Enchanted Shield, Helm of Azgorh, LV4 Upgrade

Zhrakk Ashbeard (Slavemaster): 167pts

Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, Battle Standard Bearer, The Black Standard of Zharr Naggrund

Zork Daemonweaver (Daemonsmith): 162pts

Hand Weapon, Daemon Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, Two Dispel Scrolls

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors: 221pts

Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Full Command, War Banner

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors: 205pts

Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Full Command

18 Chaos Dwarf Annihilators: 216pts

Hand Weapon, Blunderbuss, Heavy Armour

18 Obsidian Guard: 302pts

Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, Full Command, Stone Totem of Zhoghar. Champion has the Hexacon of Hashut.

5 Bull Centaurs: 117pts

Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Great Hoof

2 Hobgoblin Spear Chukkas: 70pts

2 Hobgoblin Spear Chukkas: 70pts

Earthshaker Cannon: 100pts

TOTAL: 1995pts

Now, my first experiment will be if the Chaos Dwarfs need two Shakers. To this end, I’ll be dropping the Chukkas and the Centaur champion for another Cannon and twenty Rabble.

Uzkul Werit:

I’ve had three games now with the two Shakers and I’m not sold. If your guess ranges aren’t on the level, then you’re screwed. The Bolt Throwers are needed for back up incase the Earthshakers don’t do the job.

In my first game, one got shot by a Dark Elf Bolt Thrower on the first turn and the other did very little. In my second game, both did alright but only clipped a few Chaos Warriors. In my final game against Lizards, my guesses were so far off all they did was kill a few Temple Guard.

Next I’ll be trying out three Golems with a Face of Hashut and the bound Fireball, with a Shaker, Slaves and the Centaurs being taken out.

KramDratta:

Hi Uzkul,

Since I’m basically trying to do something similar, I just wanted to point out that according to (current) ETC rules, they allow the Ravening Hordes Chaos Dwarfs, not the Indy GT. Don’t know if they allow two same Rare slots… as the rules are not confirmed yet

So in that case your Earthshaker has 2D6" radius instead of the 2.5" radius. Even if you guess right, you’ll half movement & stop enemy shooting.

Cheers