[Archive] Vaftrudnirs Chaos Dwarfs

Insidious:

Looking good! Thos K’daai are awesome, any way we can get a higher res or a bit clear pic of of those heads? From what I can make out they look fantastic. Keep up the good work, btw love your work bench… truly the lair of a master painter there hehe

Alfract:

This defintely my new favorite blog at the moment, love your work, was wondering if you have any size templates for the base of magma cannons/DS? keen to replicate something similar.

Bolg:

Those kadaii are very inspiring! Keep them pic coming!!!

vulcanologist:

The amount of interesting stuff on your workbench seems to be growing!

Vaftrudnir:

Thanks mates.

Ile try to take some pic sof my magma cannon sketches and some measurements etc.

Nerdwork has been a bit slow these past days(other stuff to do and Ive painted an Arachnarok for a friend (lovely model but a pain to paint).

But heres a better pic of my Fireborn bodys. Added some CD runes etc.

And heres a better pic of the heads, but Im not really a fan of them myself so I quickly trew together some skulls yesterday to try and make some more dwarfish, no big horns and maybe flaming beards. But hen the big question is nose or no nose?

Heres the spider btw… Lots of details left sadly…

Vaftrudnir:

Some of today’s stuff…
Did some shields for my infernal guard.

Daemonsmiths (the guy with the horns I know Ive seen some sketch of so the general idea isn’t mine)

Im done with the crew on one of my cannons/rockets. (The Idea of an elf getting a beating always makes me giggle)

Plus some more work on my fireborn.

Vaftrudnir:

Thanks mates.

Ile try to take some pic sof my magma cannon sketches and some measurements etc.

Nerdwork has been a bit slow these past days(other stuff to do and Ive painted an Arachnarok for a friend (lovely model but a pain to paint).

But heres a better pic of my Fireborn bodys. Added some CD runes etc.

And heres a better pic of the heads, but Im not really a fan of them myself so I quickly trew together some skulls yesterday to try and make some more dwarfish, no big horns and maybe flaming beards. But hen the big question is nose or no nose?

Heres the spider btw… Lots of details left sadly…

Vaftrudnir:

Some of today’s stuff…
Did some shields for my infernal guard.

Daemonsmiths (the guy with the horns I know Ive seen some sketch of so the general idea isn’t mine)

Im done with the crew on one of my cannons/rockets. (The Idea of an elf getting a beating always makes me giggle)

Plus some more work on my fireborn.

Vaftrudnir:

Some more WIPs

Smiths.

Standard bearer, deathmask and Castellan

Fireborn.

Admiral:

Great work allround, it is inspirational. Good thing with runes on the K’daai, too.

Kronosv13:

Ohh those K’daai really are the business, they look so brutal and raw.

Vaftrudnir:

Thnaks mates.

Im really trying to make the fireborn to look like the evil stunties made them in their image (sort of) but still not look like big fire dwarfs.

But one thing Im not liking is the difference between the faces, Im thinking about making the skulls of the two at the sides a bit more like the one in the middle.

Any thoughts or suggestions? This goes for all the sloppy stuff that Im working on.

Skink:

These are some serious modeling skills mate. Would love to see one of those painted by you! Well done.

vulcanologist:

Aye great stuff! Look forward to seeing some of these painted!

Loki:

Great gs work on these models, really like how you have done the fire born, and like vulcanologist i to am looking forward to seeing these painted up , keep up the good work

brotsorrow:

Incredible work on your army! I love all the green stuff conversions you have going on… very inspirational! As with all the previous posters - can’t wait to see your KDs painted. Have you thought of a colour scheme yet?

Niblebitzer:

Great looking Kdaais. Your greenstuff handling skills are great.

Vaftrudnir:

Some more WIPs

Smiths.

Standard bearer, deathmask and Castellan

Fireborn.

Admiral:

Great work allround, it is inspirational. Good thing with runes on the K’daai, too.

Kronosv13:

Ohh those K’daai really are the business, they look so brutal and raw.