[Archive] vampire count rumors

minty:

[/align]well, since we now have a small section for non CDs, I felt like trying to compile the rumnors fors the Vampire counts that Gw have coinfirmed are next, so, anyone got any rumors?

wallacer:

From Warseer:

I’ve got a load of rumours courtsey of the UKGT… and here they are for you all. Please note that any stuff in [square brackets] is my own thoughts or speculation- do not repeat it as fact or rumour to anyone anywhere unless you are an idiot! Now if you thought that the new High Elves sound powerful, wait till you see the new Vampire Counts… among the less scatalogical terms used to describe them were “sick”, “disgusting” and “filthy”. You have been warned

So, to begin with, not much info on characters other than Wight Lords are now “Wight Kings”. Guess GW realised how silly a hero-level character with “Lord” in the name was…

As is well known, bloodlines have been removed (in terms of rules). There is now a -massive- list of bloodline powers to choose from, encompassing most of the powers we currently have and more. Here’s a really interesting one: for 25 points, any Skeleton or Zombie within 12" can use the WS of the Vampire, as long as the Vampire isn’t in combat. WS7 Skeletons? Nice! Another new magic item lets one wizard take spells from any of the basic lores from the main rulebook, except Life [presumably Light won’t be available either or my source mis-spoke/ mis-heard himself].

Speaking of the magic, the Necromantic Lore is undergoing a massive revamp. Curse of Years will be the 4th spell on the list and even drops a couple of points for casting value, don’t know if it’s been weakened at all. The spell replacing it is called something like “Winds of Death”, and makes EVERY enemy unit on the table take one hit, and any wounds go towards making a new Spirit Host near the caster! Incredible stuff… I heard two separate, very differing rumours about the invocation, one that it can only be used to make Zombies, and the other that it can be used to raise anything, “skeletons, wights, wolves, ghouls etc.” [although since Ghouls aren’t undead I’m not sure if I believe that. It could mean that Necromancers can raise anything but Vampires only Zombies]

Moving onto units, Zombies are cheaper some, and are now even more rubbish. S2 these days, and always strike last. Always. [Don’t think Hellish Vigour will exist any more.] You know the Zombie bunker tactic? Gone! Characters can no longer join Zombies. Also, Zombies cannot pursue any more- when a unit breaks, for every rank of Zombies, the flee-ers take a bunch of extra hits/ wounds. Doesn’t seem that nasty really.

Ghouls will be ranked-up infantry again. Not sure how that’ll turn out.

Grave Guard can take great weapons

The Knights of Blood Keep are going to be horrific. Unit size 4-20, frenzied, 3 attacks each at S5 with lances (So S7!), the less said about them the better…

Wraiths return as ranked up units, as has been speculated for a while. The Banshee now fights with them as a unit champion, making them very expensive. To be honest I can’t imagine this looking any good on the table top, although if they skirmish that might make more sense.

The Black Coach is going to make a lot of people happy (or scared). For a start, 4+ ward save- no word on immunity to S7 attacks though. However, it can go a little bit mental in the magic phase! Any wizard within 6" can donate a power dice, which you roll and for every 6 you get, it permanently gains a new ability, including…

1) Scythes

2) Hatred

3) ? [My money’s on immunity to S7 destruction]

4) Ethereal

5) Fly

Yes, that’s right, an invisible [Edit: meant ethereal!], flying, terror causing large target. You’ll need to donate 30 power dice on average to get that far, but if you do… wow. And still 200 points.

Special characters are five von Carsteins as has been said, Vlad and old Mannfred are the Lords, with Isabella, young Mannfred and a third as heroes. I can’t imagine Konrad being a lowly hero, he’s a lord and a half, but we’ll see…

That should keep us going for a bit. Out in about six months remember
Also:

Some rumors from the italian GT&GD (from A.Cavatore & A.Merret)
-No more Archnecromancers and Vampire lords. They think VC should be lead by a Vampire Counts not another critter. The new Counts will be as the old ones but cost slightly less. Besides (stop crying chees already, please…) THEY WILL GET 100pts of magical items AND 100pts of blood powers!!!

-The new knights of blood Keep will have WS6, S5, Th4, 2A AND frenzy. They will ride greater nightmares (inspired to the knight of sleeping hollow mount) with S4. And yes, they will use lances. Cost ABOVE 50pts for one

-Wargulf do not fly they “just” move fast. And by fast I mean 9’'. They are powerful monsters with high strenght and lots of attacks (he wasn’t really clear on their stats…)

-Normal nightmares (those used by BN) have ethereal movement)

-Necromancers are now better than vamps at rising and mending undeads but vamps can use more powerful magics.

-Banshees really are champions for the skirmishing units of wraiths. Their screams now work on anyone (just like the casket of souls from khemry)

-The new black coach works as described on the first post of this thread.

-Ghouls R&F (funny story behind that… but I want to tell you Cav & Gav both wanted them to skirmish…)

-Death wind REALLY creates ghosts!!! Cav didn’t want to say it all so I’m not sure you have to do a certain number of wounds before creating one (I hope so…). Btw he said “You’ll have to worry about OTHER spells, not death wind…”

-Necromancy will work a bit more like Khemy’s magic. Now you’ll be able to recast the same spell many times until it gets trough.

Also heard that the plague cart is returning :smiley:

Tallhat:

200 pts of magic Items??? Well, welcome back to Herohammer!! GW I really thought you learned your leason the last time…

- Tallhat

wallacer:

Oh yes, and they also have a Vargulf (a big Norse shapeshifting monster thingy with movement 9)

Uzkul Werit:

Is that a special character? When I saw it, I just thought it was a Strigoi.

Servius:

200 pts of magic Items????? Well, welcome back to Herohammer!! GW I really thought you learned your leason the last time...

- Tallhat

Tallhat
I dont see this being to much of a problem. Blood Line Powers were good but i see them getting toned down a little as with the magic list. I wouldnt doubt that Vampire are not casters to begin with and much take Vampire Powers to become one. I have also heard that a vampire must be the general but doesnt have the be the magical source the army needs to survive.. so we may have something similar to tomb kings.

Bill-117:

Whoa… I don’t like the looks of that Vargulf. o_o

A few of those backed up by endless hordes of skellies, zombies and vampires is a scary thing.

Draconis:

That will balance out. I imagine that the Vampire Counts/Lords will start at a base point cost and then you can customize them via whatever blood powers/magic items you want.

Note that the two are seperate. We have a max of 100 bloodline and 100 Magic. We can’t combine the two.

So nothing to fret about. Just pretty much the same ordeal like our current. Save that we can choose how to customize our vampires, so my Lahmian can now actually be lethal like I want her to be.

No more Oh Look, Blood Dragon List A, and oh, there’s Necrach List C.

BLEGH.

Bill-117:

I wonder if they’ll bring back Nagash… shiver

minty:

I wonder if they'll bring back Nagash... *shiver*

Bill-117
no, as far as I ehard all the special characters are von carsteins, not uber necromnacers

Dark Haven:

My poor necrarchs are gone…replaced by vanilla vampires!

Oh well, good thing I dropped VC to play CD. (Imagines mass blunderbuss fire on zombie units!)

cornixt:

Might be nice to see a few more necromancer armies like in the old days of Undead

wallacer:

Is that a special character? When I saw it, I just thought it was a Strigoi.

Uzkul Werit
There are no Strigoi anymore. The bloodlines have been done away with.
The Vargulf is just a monster, apparently.

Arlon:

My Under standing was that 4 of the special charecters were von carsteins and that two of them were manfred(young and old) that leaves 1-2 non carstein charecters

like nagash

one can only hope:hashut

Tallhat:

200 pts of magic Items????? Well, welcome back to Herohammer!! GW I really thought you learned your leason the last time...

- Tallhat

Tallhat
I dont see this being to much of a problem. Blood Line Powers were good but i see them getting toned down a little as with the magic list. I wouldnt doubt that Vampire are not casters to begin with and much take Vampire Powers to become one. I have also heard that a vampire must be the general but doesnt have the be the magical source the army needs to survive.. so we may have something similar to tomb kings.

Servius
Doesnt matter if they are toned down. It is still aditional powers that can be bought in addition to th MI. 200 pts is way to much no matter if the MI and PB get toned down. It is a matter of balance that has been ignored here I think.

- Tallhat

cornixt:

It really depends on how crappy the basic vampire is without the bloodline powers. Would you prefer that the basic vampir was 100pts better without any choices on those improvements?

zagor66:

I have a admiration for vampire counts and even have a small necromancer force[which sadly is no longer allowed , damn you GW!]but getting rid of the bloodline is absoloute crap.Crap , crap , crap , now the stories about them make no sense and how the vampires came to be is now also gone , GW should consider things before they act , perhaps what the public and consumers think , its like having CD without their beards.DAMN YOU GW , YOU DAMN DIRTY…PEOPLE.:mad:mad:mad

AGPO:

Oh yes, and they also have a Vargulf (a big Norse shapeshifting monster thingy with movement 9)

wallacer
That is TRULY AWESOME! Uber furies here I come!

Lord Zarkov:

I have a admiration for vampire counts and even have a small necromancer force[which sadly is no longer allowed , damn you GW!]but getting rid of the bloodline is absoloute crap.Crap , crap , crap , now the stories about them make no sense and how the vampires came to be is now also gone , GW should consider things before they act , perhaps what the public and consumers think , its like having CD without their beards.DAMN YOU GW , YOU DAMN DIRTY.....PEOPLE.:mad:mad:mad

zagor66
From what I hear it's only the bloodline rules that are going, not the background. Apparently there will be examples of your stereotypical member of each existing bloodline and prehaps even the missing two

wallacer:

I would assume it will be possible to buy bloodline powers that make a vampire (in effect) a “strigoi” or “Lahmian”, they just won’t have bloodline powers specifically reserved for them anymore.

Personally, I don’t really have a problem with that.

The different Vampire bloodline powers should have always been possible to manifest themselves in other types of Vampires anyway.