[Archive] VC: Black Coach

Grish:

Now, first, if non-CD stuff is not allowed, please delete /lock this thread immediately.

I am looking for ideas for a Vampire Counts Black Coach. The current model, though nice looking, is not strong/scary looking enough for me. The Black Coach is the meanest Chariot in the warhammer world, and it looks like a regular chariot. It’s as tough as a dragon (with only 4 wounds), with a 4+ WS and 3+AS. It causes Terror, can (eventually) fly, become ethereal, have killing blow impact hits… its a very scary unit. The model is not.

I have decided to post here as the Vampire forums have not given me much inspiration. I thought the corpse cart would make a good base. Attach horses instead of zombies, and then fill in the middle with something. First idea that came to mind was to have it enclosed with arms of spirits jutting out.

This forum has a lot of people interested in converting entire armies, so I thought some better ideas would be found here. Does anyone have any suggestions to what would make a sinister looking black coach? (Doesn’t have to be anything close to a coach, just some kind of chariot…)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, the fluff is still that it is a weakened vampire right? Well, perhaps do as you say, but have it look more like ethereal wings and scythes are forming (make sure they look like they’re forming because it doesn’t start with them), paint it to look as though it is becoming ethereal in places, but have it look like an armoured coach. Use THICK plating over it. Then, have a vampire standing out of the ethereal beings etc, possibly with the arms sticking up and supporting him.

Grish:

I’m not worried about the fluff at all. I mean a weakened vampire in a coffin as a ‘power source’ sounds lame to me. I’m not going to put a coffin in it. Thanks for the suggestions HB. The painting/modelling may be beyond me but I’ll give it a shot.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Not a problem, hope it helps or even gets the cogs churning or even let’s ya know what ya DON’T want to try :smiley: Sorry it wasn’t a far cry from your idea…

Grish:

I think a cart housing the spirits of the dead would be a bit better…

caos dwrf:

i really like your idea Hashut’s Blessing i personaly would use a mix of parts from the corps cart and the new and old coach

Baggronor:

My mate uses the Mordheim stagecoach. He likes understated stuff so it may not be what you are after. He is an outrageous painter/converter and actually has a vampire peeking out a window.

Maybe some kind of prison wagon, a really heavy metal-plated wagon with iron spikes etc, carrying God-knows-what? Ghostly hands reaching out from barred windows etc. Adding more steeds always looks nice too, maybe with barding. I think the Corpse cart could be cool, but try having 4 wheels? It will make it look heavier and more stable.

You could also have the wraith driver as an ethereal Vampire instead (the coach has the Vampire marching rule after all).

Grish:

Those are great ideas Baggronor! I really like them; it will make it really scary looking. I don’t have the greatest conversion abilities, but I’m sure I can get some friends to help. Actually thats exactly what I am looking for. You get some slaves for that.

Merchant:

I was thinking about maybe some flames from the wheels/horses (to repecent the terror, and speed) and other places from the coach itself. Maybe on the roof, you can put the skull from the Hellcannon…?

Baggronor:

Happy to be of any assistance :slight_smile: