[Archive] VC or tomb kings?

AGPO:

Which army do you prefer, and which is more difficult to play?

ashur:

Tomb kings for the miniatures. VC for the army that I feel more easy to play with.

VC still more interesting because of the “balkan” background, but I think TK have a better design. VC need a new version quickly

Pyro Stick:

Tomb Kings was the army that got me into warhammer and its still my biggest army. So i voted TK. They are had to play well though, especially if your heirophant dies…

51la5:

Tomb king’s were my first army and I love the models and the background but I never rerly liked the army its self and prefer the vampire count army.

wallacer:

TK are a harder army to play than VC.

I didn’t vote in the poll as I have both armies and like them both pretty much equally (although TK do get a Big Giant to stomp things with heheheh).

hal:

TK are probably the hardest army to play with in warhammer IMO. Some of their models are fantastic, some not quite.

Vampire Counts have probably more obvious modelling opportunities and they’re a cheaper army to build as one can use a miss-match of all types of races.

AGPO:

I love tomb kings, and they also make a break from doing Undead “baddies.” A friend of mine once planned to convert a “livng” Khemrian army with allies from Araby using the desert dogs and dogs of war rules. He never did get round to it - might have to steal that one

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Which army do you prefer, and which is more difficult to play?

AGPO
That's actually two questions, which I would find hard to answer with the options given. ^^
I love tomb kings, and they also make a break from doing Undead "baddies." A friend of mine once planned to convert a "livng" Khemrian army with allies from Araby using the desert dogs and dogs of war rules. He never did get round to it - might have to steal that one

AGPO
True! And you can even mix both by creating a Numas army, which would stay true to the fluff of that city, where the dead live next to the living and are led by the golden prince Tutankhanut. :hashut

Kera foehunter:

Don’t know! never had the erge to play a undead army.

Theory_Man:

Some of my greatest and most fun battles were when my lizardmen fought against VC.

In some crazy way, I have alot of respect for VC armies, they are a worthy foe. Strangely, I have never fought against a tomb Kings army, one on one.

Warlord:

Tomb Kings are an army I have yet to play (one of the only) however I have played VC countless times.

I prefer VC’s, I find they have more conversion / modelling potential. I do think that TK would be a difficult army to fight (with and against) and respect that they require a balanced list to succeed.

TheChaosDwarfBehemeth:

Im not that great at any type of warhammer and am very new but i think that TK as they are mummies!