[Archive] VC Webzine: The Invocation

Swissdictator:

This has been a project I’ve been working on. :slight_smile:

I have been very happy to see this come together. I look forward to helping out on the next issue. Thanks is owed to Willmark for the advice and support he has given in our efforts.

Well we finally did it!

I am very pleased and proud to announce the release of the first issue of The Invocation.

A lot of hard work and effort has been put into this issue, and I hope you all enjoy it. The issue (if pdf format) can be found at here:

LINK

We would of course love feedback - providing it is of a constructive nature of course. Please let it here in this thread.

Disciple of Nagash

Kera foehunter:

as far as web magazine goes your is up there!!

for one to take on your self i say you did well

great stuff

Swissdictator:

I was part of a team that was working in this Kera. I was not alone in this! :wink:

Ancient History:

Very shiny. Good show, those unholy abominations of the Risen.

Willmark:

In case anyone wonders (usually not an issue on this site, some sites have issues but I digress) we gave the go ahead for posting this here. Any warhammer ezine is appreciated IMHO.

Kera foehunter:

Swiss did you pose for the cover ???

Swissdictator:

No, I did not, though it apparently does look like the The Great Perverted One… otherwise known as Disciple of Nagash, the head of the project. Which was entirely unintended.

wallacer:

Haven’t had time to read it properly yet, but it looks very impressive.

Just out of curiosity, is it merely coincidence that our respective painting comps are named Golden Bat and Golden Hat?

Swissdictator:

As long as Willmark doesn’t pull a bat out of his hat…

and DoN doesn’t pull a hat out of a bat (he is perverted like that…)

GRNDL:

Meh, vampires.

I had enough of them in the 90s.

Willmark:

Haven't had time to read it properly yet, but it looks very impressive.

Just out of curiosity, is it merely coincidence that our respective painting comps are named Golden Bat and Golden Hat?

wallacer
Not really, think about it... its Golden Pike on Dogs of War Online. :)

wallacer:

really, think about it... its Golden Pike on Dogs of War Online.  :)

Willmark
Maybe they just couldn't think of a word that rhymed with "bat" :P

Invocation is a pretty good mag, I particularly liked the bit about making special characters and the points for stats and abilities.

snowblizz:

I scanned it quickly today and I’m very impressed. Almost aspires to WoH levels ;P.

However I do suggest you take another look at the pictures, there were a few that were very “grainy” to me. Good quality pictures are obviously difficult as you are relying on what people have, e.g. when posting member’s hobby efforts, I understand that. But I’d say it was worth making an effort there.

All in all I must say the webfanzines are really impressive. My biggest complaint really is that they are necessary because GW can’t produce a quality rag themselves. deep sigh

Willmark:

As I have told the guys along the process, issue #1 is all about getting it done.

Thorne:

Meh, vampires.

I had enough of them in the 90s.

GRNDL
Cannot agree more :cheers have a pint on me GRNDL