[Archive] Very Competative List. 2250pts

Mosk:

Now first things first, I dont particularly like to make cheesed out lists, but when you play against people that go to Grand tournies every year you gotta have some chees. So here is my list.

1 Chaos Dwarf Lord

General; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Shield

1 Great Taurus

1 Armor of the Furnace

1 Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Level 2 Upgrade

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Level 2 Upgrade

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 100 Pts

Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

Hand Weapon; Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

x 2 groups 24 Hobgoblins s

Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield

1 Champion

x2 groups of 24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

1 Champion

x4 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower s

x2 Death Rockets

x2 Earthshakers

Total Roster Cost: 2244

Now I am thinking about possibly dropping one or both the death rockets, dropping the light armor on the hobgoblins, and add more hobgoblins, or some bull centaurs, or maybe more bolt throwers, so what do you think?

Taekada:

The Only Weakness I see is the Unit of ten Blunderbusses. And that all three of your Wizards are nekid in terms of Magic Items.

No Chalice ? Scrolls ? Stones ?

I dont find this list that cheesey at all save for the War machine Spam.

Any decent cheese player will have ways of dealing with all those vulnerable warmachines. Myonly suggestion is to find a way to up the Blunderbusses to 15 ( at least ), and get some dispell scrolls and the Chalice of Darkness in there. 5 Dispell dice is not enough to hold off Vampires and other high magic lists.

Just my thoughts, love all the Hob Gobs in there !

Now first things first, I dont particularly like to make cheesed out lists, but when you play against people that go to Grand tournies every year you gotta have some chees. So here is my list.

1 Chaos Dwarf Lord

General; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Shield

1 Great Taurus

1 Armor of the Furnace

1 Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Level 2 Upgrade

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Level 2 Upgrade

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 100 Pts

Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

Hand Weapon; Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

x 2 groups 24 Hobgoblins s

Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield

1 Champion

x2 groups of 24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

1 Champion

x4 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower s

x2 Death Rockets

x2 Earthshakers

Total Roster Cost: 2244

Now I am thinking about possibly dropping one or both the death rockets, dropping the light armor on the hobgoblins, and add more hobgoblins, or some bull centaurs, or maybe more bolt throwers, so what do you think?

Mosk

TLTG:

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but actual cheese lists would probably beat this up pretty soundly. Something like a dark elf death star would probably never give you a chance to bring your weapons to bear. A well built demon list will be extremely frustrating for you. Anyone with respectable magic (like Vampire Counts, as an example) will blow through your 5 dispel dice and giggle when they find out you have no dispel scrolls.

I can see you thoroughly pummeling orcs, empire, and warriors of chaos. However, top tier they are not.

Gundini:

Hell probably jsut shoot the crap out of your Great Taurus witht those Jezzails so maybe you should take a lord on foot? And take more Magic Items for your wizards with those points.

Maul:

I would tone down the warmachines. If I was playing you I would just hide out of site or beyond a hill and try to beat you on board corners.

You have so many warmachines that it will be hard to preserve lines of fire with them. You would be better served by adding flexibility and speed to your list. Many of those warmachines will end-up on a flank where light cav and flyers will have them by turn two. I would put the hammer of H on your general (mounted charaters only get +1 str from great weapons) and at least a dispel scroll for each of the wizards. I personally like a BSB in my army, but to each his own. I added 120 points to your list. I would also drop a shaker for a unit of bullcentaurs, they are so valuable (they are MEDIUM cav, NOT HEAVY cav). IF you have blunderbusses you would be best served with a few more guys in those units. I would cut a deathrocket, and bolt thrower.

Your dwarf units are all blunderbuss units. When I use blunderbusses, I never go less then 15 models or more than 18 models (minus wizards). One unit of core dwarves with shields is compulsory. I like 25 guys with full command and warbanner. I rarely buy my blunderbuss units any command apart from a musician. I think you would be happier with two units of 14 blunderbusses with musician and 24 chaos dwarf warriors with full command, and warbanner. See where that points you up and work out from there.

Father Grumpmas:

Just a warning about the Gauntlets while riding a Taurus.

A chap had this combo at a competition I was at earlier in the year. Both in the game against me and another against a friend of mine he killed his own taurus by rolling 1 a lot. In the game against me it changed the result from a probable draw to a 18-2 win to me.

As there were 8 games, who knows how may times it happened.

Da Crusha:

Just a warning about the Gauntlets while riding a Taurus.

A chap had this combo at a competition I was at earlier in the year. Both in the game against me and another against a friend of mine he killed his own taurus by rolling 1 a lot. In the game against me it changed the result from a probable draw to a 18-2 win to me.

As there were 8 games, who knows how may times it happened.

Father Grumpmas
this has happened to me a few times as well, I have since vowed never to give my lord the gauntlets while riding the taurus :hashut