[Archive] Vexxus IS Skavenslaver !? Skaven Army Blog

Vexxus:

Hey everyone!

I have not been actively posting on the forums for quite some time, but I do drop by and have a read and usually a laugh (at no ones expense). I have been super busy with “real life”.

Anyways, a while back my friend and I split two Island of Blood boxes, and I am finally getting around to working on them (I obviously took the Skaven half… High Elfs are girls).

I set up a blog site, but I thought I would post here as well to keep my good CDO friends appraised of my efforts. As always your constructive input is welcomed, with the knowledge that I am a stubborn beast and may not change my mind, haha.

Without further adieu, the blog is Warpstone Shards. feel free to check it out, comment and follow at your discretion. I am really pumped about the army, despite the reams and reams of slaves/clanrats I will have to paint!

[align=center]Teaser Image:

[/align]

Nicodemus:

Awesome stuff Vezzus… now I’ve got another site bookmarked to follow :wink:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop… although I gotta say I’m disappointed. I didn’t see any beards at all over there :hat off :stuck_out_tongue:

~N

furrie:

Love the winged rOgre, never seen one before.

nitroglysarine:

The font on the blog is awesome.

cool idea for the wings

Grimstonefire:

Random observation, but there are 3 optional arms on the Abomination, leaving you with 3 spares.

Of these, two are huge and quite unsuitable for a rat ogre, but the other one (either the spike arm or the small fist) are perfect for rat ogre conversions.

I’ll be picking up some more IOB models this year for sure and saved it for this.  You could pick up one off a bits site eventually.

Good start on the models.  I love the mutated claws.

Vexxus:

Awesome stuff Vezzus... now I've got another site bookmarked to follow ;)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.. although I gotta say I'm disappointed. I didn't see any beards at all over there :hat off   :P

~N

Nicodemus
Thanks very much Nicodemus, I will do my best to keep it interesting for you guys!
Love the winged rOgre, never seen one before.

furrie
Me neither! Hard to be original these days, but I will try none-the-less. Thanks for checking the blog out Furrie!
The wings are amazing bits, I actually got that Chaos Marine backpack during Gamesday 2009 Toronto, they were really hard to come by at the bits assembly table but he threw down a brand new sprue! Been saving it for a notable application ever since! Finally them have found a home.
The font on the blog is awesome.
cool idea for the wings

nitroglysarine
Thanks Nitroglysarine, there are actually two different fonts (one for the titles and one for the bulk of the blog text, for legibility reasons. I went back and forth as to whether it was too annoying to read, so I appreciate the comment.
Random observation, but there are 3 optional arms on the Abomination, leaving you with 3 spares.

Of these, two are huge and quite unsuitable for a rat ogre, but the other one (either the spike arm or the small fist) are perfect for rat ogre conversions.

I'll be picking up some more IOB models this year for sure and saved it for this.  You could pick up one off a bits site eventually.

Good start on the models.  I love the mutated claws.

Grimstonefire
Good call Grimstonefire, I will keep on the lookout for one of those. I should also note that I definitely plan on converting/GSing my own Abomination model for the army, as I don't like the GW version very much at all.

The claws turned out even better than originally anticipated, now I am going to somehow have to get way better at blending so I can paint them the way I envision them.

BTW I am enjoying your Skaven blog, keep up the great work!

Cheers everyone, I appreciate the positive feedback!
Vex