[Archive] Viability of combat lists

Ceann Fine:

Are they possible to do right? I know one was run at the etc last year but never saw his results, I was thinking something along the lines of a prophet on bale taurus, bsb, taur’uk, 2 wolf mounted khans, block of 25 with great weapons, 2 blocks of 20 hobgobs, 5 cows with GW’s and a destroyer

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I…have no idea what you’re asking.

Ceann Fine:

Sorry maybe I pharsed it poorly, my question was is it possible in a competitive environment to run a chaos dwarf list with no shooting?

rpitts2004:

Sorry maybe I pharsed it poorly, my question was is it possible in a competitive environment to run a chaos dwarf list with no shooting?

Ceann Fine

At how many points?

Ceann Fine:

2400 :idea

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Samanos:

i dont see why not, we have some very good stuff for combat. kdaai, iron demon, taururk etc etc.

just make sure to give your infernals the +1 move banner because they are slow

MOMUS:

I think in a combat list i would rather take two iron daemons one with skull cracker and a K’daai than blocks of infantry. Khans would be auto-include otherwise your asking to have your army chaffed to hell and back.

Baggronor:

If I had to try this, I would run a Lv4 on Bale Taurus, 2 blocks of IG to make up Core, Destroyer, 2 IDs and a Skullcracker. But this has shooting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not utilising CD shooting is basically eschewing the most potent part of the list. You can do an all combat army but you’ll never beat the real combat armies like WoC at that game…