[Archive] Victrix Miniatures

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Ive just ordered 2 boxes of models from these guys

Victrix Ltd | 28mm & 54mm Plastic Figure Sets | Napoleonic Miniatures

Waterloo Centre and Flank company box sets and i was wondering if anyone else has bought any?

They look fantastic and at that price there are an absolute bargain, 34p per model - i bought them for £18.00 each box - and come in boxes of 52 with everything you need

Also does anyone know of any good forums for the Napoleonic player

"kneel, front rank FIRE!!!, second rank FIRE!!!..CHARGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

two_heads_talking:

wow, for historical battles those are awesome…

snowblizz:

I think historicals are fairly fragmented as a bunch, no large rulesets to congregate over but try the following:

http://theminiaturespage.com/

http://www.frothersunite.com/

Do note that the frothers are to be considered “mature” gamers. You might run into people posting pictures of naked ladies. I’ve found it takes the edge off the most heated debates :cheers

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

I think historicals are fairly fragmented as a bunch, no large rulesets to congregate over but try the following:

http://theminiaturespage.com/
http://www.frothersunite.com/

Do note that the frothers are to be considered "mature" gamers. You might run into people posting pictures of naked ladies. I've found it takes the edge off the most heated debates :cheers

snowblizz
Hey
Thats much apreaciated found some great stuff on the first one already in the forums :)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I concur with THT, these are very nice models, and the proportions seem not as bulky and awkward as many pewter miniatures for historical wargames. I’ll keep an eye on that site, hope to see more stuff coming, like artillery pieces and some more, diverse infantry units.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

According to the website these are the future releases which includes scot infantry and horse and cannon as well as light company exspantion kit (newly released)

Future Releases

The following set will shortly be available to pre-order:

VX0005 French Infantry 1805 - 1812

The above set will feature both fusiliers, voltigeurs and grenadiers. There will be a choice of bicornes bearskins for early French and belltop shakos and bearskins for the later French. As well as infantry this set will include Officers, NCOs’ Drummers, Horn player, Porte Aigle, Eagle bearers and Porte Fanion.

The following sets are at the design stage:

VX0006 British Highland Infantry Centre Company

VX0007 British Highland Infantry Flank Company

As an ambitious and forward looking company we are at the planning stage for a number of other sets. We have listed below sets that are currently at the planning stage although some changes to this list may occur.

British Foot Artillery

French Foot Artillery

French Cuirassiers

French Carabiniers

British Heavy Dragoons

Scots Greys

French Line Lancers

French Line Chasseurs

British Light Dragoons

In the near future we anticipate producing other nations such as Austrians, Russians and Prussians.

GRNDL:

Time to SwissDictator posting… T minus 4 hours and counting…

I don’t know much about the Napoleonic era thing aside from don’t invade Russia, wallpaper and a really long palindrome (“Able was I, I saw Elba”)… so all I’ll say is this:

Its amazing what some people will do to satisfy their Big Hat fetish… :slight_smile:

Editted 4 hours later:
PS: Okay, the SwissDictator prediction was way off…

snowblizz:

Perry Miniatures are also doing some Napoleonics in plastic. I think they have some metals as well.

French soldiers, and English counterparts on the way.

I actually read a review (I’ve started buying Wargames Illustrated) of the new plastics but I can’t recall what the verdict was. There was some of the new plastics that weren’t so good compared to the competing set.

Kera foehunter:

Those are great line of figures !

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Heres some of the painted models ive found

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Beautiful! Very dynamic and well sculpted miniatures.

Imagine what a whole painted army of these would look like. :slight_smile: …and imagine what your hands look like when you have painted a whole army of these. gg