[Archive] Vintagephreak's classic chaos army

Vintagephreak:

This army consists of 200 classic chaos minis, ogres, minotaurs, demons, cavalry and more. Several units are out on display in a store but I’ll have them photographed as soon as possible. Here are some units:

And of course my “comic relief” general (originally a chaos familiar):

An old Thrud model, which I use as an ogre:

More ogres:

Palanquin of Nurgle and champs (not part of the army but cool minis still)

Canix:

Great stuff ,love the old minis.They are so individual there is little need for conversions ,i have mostly pre slotta chaos warriors but they like lots of my minis are stripped of old paintjob:sick ready for repainting ( yes like most of my stuff ,CD is the first army i am repainting completing:P)

My painting ability has improved over the last 25-30yrs:rolleyes:

Ghrask Dragh:

These are excellent!!! :hat off

The old models are the best, very cool colour-scheme and very well painted! can’t wait for the rest

:)Best General Ever:)

:cheers

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

theyre great, imho a lot better in the great scheme of things that the automated automotons which rank up in perfect lines these days, you get the look of a more unique army with the older stuff

wallacer:

I own and adore those figures as well.

I think one is hard pressed to go past 3rd edition Chaos Warriors when it comes to choosing GW’s best miniatures.

You’ve put me in such a good mood i’m going to give you some slaves (just the sickly ones, obviously).

hal:

The paint job is very similar to your CDs which I like. I love those classic chaos models and you’ve done them justice.

You must have been in this hobby a long time to amass such a collection of old minis. How many points would you say you have Vintagephreak?

Vintagephreak:

The paint job is very similar to your CDs which I like. I love those classic chaos models and you've done them justice.

You must have been in this hobby a long time to amass such a collection of old minis. How many points would you say you have Vintagephreak?

hal
Hi all, thanks for the nice comments! I have been in the hobby for 20 years on and off, but started collecting big time 6 years ago. I love all things chaotic in WFB, obviously. The whole classic army, both cd's and warriors are painted in Khorne colours. Regarding points I have no idea as I have barely time to paint/convert let alone battle opponents. I am a crap tactician but a fairly good painter and eager collector so those aspects of the hobby take presedence. I also cannot stand most GW's new plastics, drearily similar models with little character.
I'll also post my classic dwarf army wich is getting quite sizable, with loads of the rare and unreleased stunties like the flasher, janissary dwarf and dwarf on pony etc. More chaos pics will be uploaded very soon.

So long, fellow fanatics! M:hat off

Vintagephreak:

I own and adore those figures as well.
I think one is hard pressed to go past 3rd edition Chaos Warriors when it comes to choosing GW's best miniatures.

You've put me in such a good mood i'm going to give you some slaves (just the sickly ones, obviously).

wallacer
Well, even feeble slaves are welcome in my army, cannon fodder can be very useful. Thanks!

Martin

Vintagephreak:

These are excellent!!! :hat off
The old models are the best, very cool colour-scheme and very well painted! can't wait for the rest

:)Best General Ever:)

:cheers

Ghrask Dragh
You're too kind. I'll try and take more pics as soon as I can. M:hat off

AGPO:

Wow, I love the vintage models, wish I had more of them