[Archive] Vintagephreak's classic chaos dwarf army

Pyro Stick:

I so want the crossbowman. Shame its rarer than the mage.

Canix:

Beautiful stuff there:hat off It will definately be good to see them all finished(havent started mine but cleaned the ancient paintjobs off)

just some more to finsh off the collection first:hat

hal:

That is a great start to your army, lovely selection of old figs complemented by a really good, simple colour scheme. I really them, are those the original shields btw?

Willmark:

This is EXACTLY what I want for an army! Unfortunately I’m going to have to settle for my converted army currently under way…

Kera foehunter:

Sister of mercy!!! i did not see the smashed empire guy. that is so cool

Vintagephreak:

That is a great start to your army, lovely selection of old figs complemented by a really good, simple colour scheme. I really them, are those the original shields btw?

hal
Hi, most are original shields but I thought I'd green stuff some shields of my own so some are just that. No bland, generic shields though, either the original ones or a green stuff job by me self... M

hal:

Cool, it would be nice to see some green pics if you have any, I love the shields.

Vintagephreak:

Cool, it would be nice to see some green pics if you have any, I love the shields.

hal
Thanks! The remaining unpainted figures all have original shields but I am slowly gaining momentum on my fully converted CD army, which will have lots of green in it.

Update on the army: unbelievably, it seems I have struck a trade deal thingy for the unreleased chaos dwarf siege cannon from 20 years back, and will of course paint it up to the best of my ability as a hellcannon/earthshaker. What a christmas this will be! M:)

Pyro Stick:

Update on the army: unbelievably, it seems I have struck a trade deal thingy for the unreleased chaos dwarf siege cannon
from 20 years back, and will of course paint it up to the best of my ability as a hellcannon/earthshaker. What a christmas this will be! M:)

VintagephreakDid you get that off bartertown? How much are you getting it for or what are you trading for it?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

These are lovely models and the paint jobs are very well done throughout. All my slaves shall put their thumbs up at once! crackswip

Ghrask Dragh:

Wait a minute…

The whole army is in reds to fit in with the Khornate theme of my classic chaos warriors army, in which the CDs were meant to function as allies.

Vintagephreak
…would love to see pics of your classic warriors, please!! :cheers

Vintagephreak:

Wait a minute...
The whole army is in reds to fit in with the Khornate theme of my classic chaos warriors army, in which the CDs were meant to function as allies.

Vintagephreak
...would love to see pics of your classic warriors, please!! :cheers

Ghrask Dragh
Hi,

No problem, but where should I post them forum-wise? Don't want to take up space belonging to evil stunties... M

Vintagephreak:

Update on the army: unbelievably, it seems I have struck a trade deal thingy for the unreleased chaos dwarf siege cannon
from 20 years back, and will of course paint it up to the best of my ability as a hellcannon/earthshaker. What a christmas this will be! M:)

Vintagephreak
Did you get that off bartertown? How much are you getting it for or what are you trading for it?

Pyro StickThe deal is almost done, and I am trading unreleased miniatures for it. Details are sketchy but everything seems fine, the cannon is in the possession of an old trade contact of mine. I'll keep you posted on further developments. Martin :)

Ghrask Dragh:

‘Off-Topic showcase’ at the bottom of the forum page would be the best place, I will keep an eye out :cheers

Canix:

[/quote]Update on the army: unbelievably, it seems I have struck a trade deal thingy for the unreleased chaos dwarf siege cannon from 20 years back, and will of course paint it up to the best of my ability as a hellcannon/earthshaker. What a christmas this will be! M:)

[/quote]

Some people are just born lucky:rolleyes:

Cant wait to see it painted only seen one before :hat

Vintagephreak:

Canix
Update on the army: unbelievably, it seems I have struck a trade deal thingy for the unreleased chaos dwarf siege cannon from 20 years back, and will of course paint it up to the best of my ability as a hellcannon/earthshaker. What a christmas this will be! M:)
[/quote]
Some people are just born lucky:rolleyes:
Cant wait to see it painted only seen one before :hat
[/quote]

I have been looking for one for some time now, finally my persistence paid off. The cannon is being FedEx'ed to me tomorrow and painting will be begun friday at the latest. I will also post pics of the work progression, of course. Happy now, very happy :)

Pyro Stick:

Nice one. Cant wait to see it. I think harvestmouse on HoH has one of those but im not sure. He has 2 juggernauts though. At least 2. And 14000 points of Chaos Dwarfs…

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

the pic close-ups look great, thanks for sharing the glory that is your army with us and hope to see more of it :cheers

gIL^:

i really really do love the old models, but i dont think they fit in the new gamesworkshop, but i would be so happy to play an army of 3rd ed cd’s

dncswlf:

Wow, Sorry for the threadromancy, but Vintagephreak, these guys are awesome! Did you ever finish the siege cannon?