[Archive] Vulcanologist's blog of other things

vulcanologist:

Hi thought I’d start a second blog to showcase some of my other models and to hopefully provide an explanation to why my main blog is so woefully slow at updating! You see the trouble is i’m easily distracted by the next shiny thing (must be the magpie in me…my footie team!) although since Discovering CDO I have become alot more disciplined. Well the thing that first attracted me to this hobby was seeing Andy Rat-Man Chambers Skaven horde in an issue of White Dwarf ( probably about 1992ish i think!?) well over the years i’ve tried dozens of times to get into Skaven but much as I love their models and fluff I just could never get away with painting them! However I recently treated myself to the Island of Blood boxed set so I’ve attempted another go at the whiskered ones! Let me know what you think…?

vulcanologist:

Some more pics of my skaven:

Bolg:

I’ll keep an eye out for your next update. I love looking at pics of painted models (and also of painted warhammer models d: )

vulcanologist:

My first Warmachine/Hordes model… A Trollblood Impaler:

vulcanologist:

My attempt at painting tartan! :

Bolg:

Nice. I love the kilt!

Galladorn:

Agreed, the kilt is fantastic!

vulcanologist:

A close-up of the scenic base. This was my first attempt at using water effects.

vulcanologist:

Next up is my Screaming Bell…

Rat Ogre Bell Ringer:

vulcanologist:

Grey Seer:

vulcanologist:

And the diabolical Screaming Bell itself:

RTMaitreya:

Love the kilt! Well played, sir, well played.

vulcanologist:

Thanks everyone for praising my kilt! Was quite a tricky thing to do!

vulcanologist:

Next up… Tjub inspired me to dig out some old Blood Bowl minis with his superb Dwarf team. Here’s my first results… I give you ‘St.Cuthbert’s HolyIslanders’ :

vulcanologist:

vulcanologist:

My Nun Blitzers, Sister Mary Wideload and Sister Mary Netty:

vulcanologist:

My Throwers, Sister Mary Oche and Sister ‘Hail’ Mary Virginia:

vulcanologist:

The catchers, Sister Mary Faith, Sister Mary Hope and Sister Mary Charity:

Galladorn:

What an awesome idea! Your Nuns are well done. Great attention to detail, especially how some of the bases have the white lines on them from the field. They look great!

vulcanologist:

My LineNuns, Sister Hettra Sexual, Sister Hectomy, Sister Sledge, Sister Acttoo and Sister Opheilia Wimple: