[Archive] Vulcanologist's blog of other things

vulcanologist:

My Cheernuns, Novice Mary Milkshake and Mother Superior Bodywork:

vulcanologist:

And finally a couple of shots of the whole team before they raise the roof of their home stadium ‘St.Cuthbert’s Park’ :

vulcanologist:

Bought Warhammer-Legends of the Old West years ago but only recently got a few models for it. There are quite a few nice 28mm Old West figures out there but I went for some from Black Scorpion, and very nice they are too. Here’s my first cowboy:

vulcanologist:

Next up will be some more cowboys and also I’ve just finished some skaven eat ogres.

vulcanologist:

Mexican Bandito:

vulcanologist:

My Deputy:

vulcanologist:

WIP on my marshall:

Bolg:

Awesome, cowboys and Nuns playing football!! love the miniatures and the paint job.

vulcanologist:

Glad you like them Bolg, Cowboys and nuns-you make me sound like I’ve got very strange tastes!

vulcanologist:

Next up the first pic of my Rat Ogres hopefully I’ll get another couple of pics up of them soon…

vulcanologist:

As promised,a couple more pics of my rat ogres. As you can see two are from the Island of Blood box while the other i found in my bitz box. Hope you like them?

speedygogo:

You paint exceptionally well Vulcanologist. I especially like the skaven I find the sheer number of models to paint can be a deterrent to painting horde armies. If you could muster the patience to carry you quality level of painting over an entire 2500-3000 point army it would be incredible.

vulcanologist:

Thanks Speedy glad you like them. I’ve tried painting skaven a number of times but because I’m a slow detailed painter I could never get away with them. Think I’ve found a method that suits me now though. It’s fairly quick but still gives me the level of finish I strive for whether I can keep it going for 3000pts though is another matter although I have painted an Orc and goblin army in the past!

Moloch:

ahahah! :slight_smile: Vulcanologist you really made me laughing! :cheers

Nuns for bloodbowl is a fantastic idea! very funny and high dettail level (like the adidas logo on the shirt)

vulcanologist:

Sorry my blogs have been so quiet for too long. I’ve been hooked by Flames of War (Curse you again Tjub!) and also by some historical gaming namely Napoleonics. I picked up a 2nd hand copy of Warhammer Waterloo and thought I’d give them a bash…here are my first results:

Well, first up a Gordon Highlander of the 92nd Regiment of Foot:

vulcanologist:

work has been progressing on my British Napoleonics. Finished 5 companys of my Gordon Highlanders, just got the Grenadier company to do and I will have finished the full battalion. That might have to wait though because I’ve started painting my KGL 1st Hussars. In the meantime though here are some photos of my highlanders:

Piper:

The light company come under fire… “Officer Down!!” :

The Colonel and the Colours:

DAGabriel:

Lovely Highlanders, great painting and basing. Now some smoke coming out of those rifles and it would be THE show.

Admiral:

Those Skaven and nuns are good, but the highlanders are outright impressive. Also, it’s a clever use of static grass clumps as blood splatter on that shot soldier.

However, I can spot some grass straws and even a small piece of gravel on the command stand miniatures.

tjub:

Great work!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

vulcanologist:

Cheers guys glad you like them. It made a change to paint something completely different. The tartan was certainly challenging!