[Archive] Vulcanologist's Extra Special 1000th Post!

vulcanologist:

Well… I have now been a member of CDO for almost 2 years and this is my 1000th post on the site. I would first like to thank all the mods here for all their hard work keeping what in my opinion is the best site on the net running smoothly! A big thanks to all the members here too for first off making me so welcome, for all your friendliness and support and for re-kindling my interest in this hobby through all your amazing creativity!

So for my 1000th post I thought I’d recap where I’m at with my army and also take my first shots of my army in it’s entirity! (warning this is a VERY pic heavy post!)

Hope you enjoy it…

Accolytes of Hashut with Petrified Sorcerer:

Accolyte Khazn:

Warrior Regiment:

Ghuz Slavetaker and the Pirate Crew of the Bull’s Fury

Ghuz Slavetaker:

Stormcallers:

Hobgoblin Warriors:

Hobgoblin SneakyGitz:

Hobgoblin Wolfriders:

Chaos Dwarf Slavemasters and Hobgoblin Overseers:

Slaves:

Black Orcs:

Hero on Daemonic Construct:

Iron Daemon:

DeathRocket:

Hellcannon:

Sorcerer Lord on Lammasu:

Warlord on Great Taurus:

Army Shots:

vulcanologist:

Well… I have now been a member of CDO for almost 2 years and this is my 1000th post on the site. I would first like to thank all the mods here for all their hard work keeping what in my opinion is the best site on the net running smoothly! A big thanks to all the members here too for first off making me so welcome, for all your friendliness and support and for re-kindling my interest in this hobby through all your amazing creativity!

So for my 1000th post I thought I’d recap where I’m at with my army and also take my first shots of my army in it’s entirity! (warning this is a VERY pic heavy post!)

Hope you enjoy it…

Accolytes of Hashut with Petrified Sorcerer:

Accolyte Khazn:

Warrior Regiment:

Ghuz Slavetaker and the Pirate Crew of the Bull’s Fury

Ghuz Slavetaker:

Stormcallers:

Hobgoblin Warriors:

Hobgoblin SneakyGitz:

Hobgoblin Wolfriders:

Chaos Dwarf Slavemasters and Hobgoblin Overseers:

Slaves:

Black Orcs:

Hero on Daemonic Construct:

Iron Daemon:

DeathRocket:

Hellcannon:

Sorcerer Lord on Lammasu:

Warlord on Great Taurus:

Army Shots:

Ravenswood:

Holy bull of Hashut O_O! It’s awesome!

Stepper:

O_O that’s uber awesome!!!

Triple :hat off

Ciao,

Stepper

silentbob27:

very good post! One thing I always wondered about your stuff; With all the conversions, why not make the new FW stuff have noses like the rest of the CD’s?

vulcanologist:

Cheers guys!

@Bob: good point!! It’s something that slipped through! I re-did my petrified sorcerer to have a big nose and I plan to go back over the FW models too!

Admiral:

Fully painted Warhammer armies, preferably on decent terrain, are what makes most people enter the hobby. Yours is great, although the FW Chaos Dwarfs could have received a nose treatment. :wink:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Looks like you’ve got a beautiful army to go pound the rest of the Warhammer world with! Very nice!!

vulcanologist:

You’re all obsessed with my noses!

silentbob27:

You're all obsessed with my noses!

vulcanologist
Theme man. Theme. Gotta keep with the imagery. :)

Samanos:

You're all obsessed with my noses!

vulcanologist
Theme man. Theme. Gotta keep with the imagery. :)

silentbob27
indeed, those noses rock!

my personal favourite though is drazoath on the bull and the pirates!.
may i ask how did you paint the flames in the shield?
truly awesome aarmy

CopperPot:

Very nice collection you have, I plan on using gnoblars and goblins like you have done:cheers

vulcanologist:

Update time: I’ve given everyone a big nose! There I hope everyone’s happy! I’ll try to add updated pictures to my blog sometime soon!

Thorne:

Way to hit 1000 posts. Cracking army bud.

silentbob27:

Update time: I've given everyone a big nose! There I hope everyone's happy! I'll try to add updated pictures to my blog sometime soon!

vulcanologist
Peer pressure for the Win!

tjub:

Great work here, and welcome to join the ranks of the Immortals! :smiley:

Thommy H:

Great to see the whole army together. However, I have one tiny complaint: you’re still calling your general a Warlord, and the thing your Despot is riding a Daemonic Construct! It’s Overlords and Hellborn Constructs now, man! I demand you read my book again.

Karring:

Lovely warmachines

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

beefcake:

Great work. Really jealous of your lamassu.

brotsorrow:

Congrats man!! Its members like you (and the countless others) that help noobs like me progress in the hobby.