[Archive] WA: Daemons?

AGPO:

Does anyone know whats happening with Daemons for WFB and 40K. I’m particularly interested in fantasy but obviously model releases for 40k. What new models will there be? Will there be a new WA: Daemons, and will it affect HoC and how? Does this mean the return of Daemonic cavalry and co? Any help appreciated

Ghrask Dragh:

On the model making side of this topic I have one eye on Forgeworld, they have greater deamons for Khorne, Slaanesh and most recently nurgle so surely that means there is a colosus greater deamon of Tzeentch on it’s way!

I haven’t seen any deamons for WFB tzeentch or nurgle either, GamesDay had bloodletters and deamonettes but nothing else! though of all the deamons that needed re-doing the bloodletters and deamonettes were top of the list IMO.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

What I have heard is that there will be two books for Daemon armies - a codex for 40k and an army book for Fantasy. 40k wise the Daemon army will include a Daemon tank. Since they are going to be full-blown army books, I think we can expect a lot of units there. Daemon princes will be in, but I think it was Alessio Cavatore who said that they are quite low in the Hierarchy because the true Daemons look down on them for their mortal origins. It is said the 40k Daemon codex will not be compatible with the Chaos Marines codex. If the same will be true for the WHFB side, I don’t know.

Uzkul Werit:

I imagine it will. It makes more sense having Daemons with Mortals than Beasts. Warseer has a few rumours up about the book (which I was just about to post anyway) and the Nurgle news annoys me greatly.

Linky

Ghrask Dragh:

And there's some cool special character models too. The daemon that's bound in Archaon's sword? Yeah, that daemon, as a free character, from before he was bound. It's hardcore. You will love it!
Can't wait!
:cheers Uzkul, a bit of a disapointment about no nurgle updates, the new jugger' being metal isn't the best of news either tbh! riden by a bloodletter... I like it!

cornixt:

The picture of the jugger looks plastic, but I suppose that a sample resin cast could look that way too.

I think they are going to change the core/special rules of current chaos into something more generic.

Uzkul Werit:

shock

Metal Jugger too? Oh heck. I wouldn’t be suprised if this Army Book so half arsed. And I hope that the 40k list ain’t in there too.

AGPO:

I hope I can still use Daemons with my hordes of chaos. I for one think the list works well at present. The only trouble was with the lesser foot soldier daemons - they’re not worth the points really. Only those that are not true core units in the SoC Daemonic legions list (ie screamers, nurglings, fleshhounds and mounted daemonettes) were worth the pick for anything more than variety and character IMHO. I really hope the new book means I get more daemonic units to add to my army. Some Daemonic cavalry would be nice.

Uzkul Werit:

Talking from a Nurgle standpoint, Plaguebearers are great. The statline isnt that impressive but there true worth comes from Cloud of Flies.

Daemonettes - now they’re cruddy.

Breaking news from Daemonic Legion! Cheaper Daemons? Hell yes!

Linky

cornixt:

This was going to be a separate post, but I might aswell stick it here:

New Chaos Army Rules

There are going to be (at least) three army books for Chaos, with Daemons coming first. That is as much as we know. Here is how I expect the Chaos army to be set out:

Each book will have an army list that looks like any other army with Characters/Core/Special/Rare. You can take units from any of the books. The book that you take your general from will determine the units that count towards the minimum Core (with a few exceptions like Hounds are now). Core units in the other books won’t count towards the minimum but you can still take them. All the other units in any book count as the category they are in as normal. The current restrictions on marks will remain, and there will still be the magic items like Master of Mortals, and similar. This system will even fit in with the current Chaos army books if you count the Mortal and beast units as core.

There will be most of the units from the Demonic Legions added to the Daemon book and a few more mortal units.

I half expect there to be a Chaos Dwarf unit as Special in the Mortal book, but using this system they could easily add Chaos Dwarfs to the Chaos army just by adding another book (not that I want them to).

Does this seem likely?

Khaosbeardling:

What I have heard is that there will be two books for Daemon armies - a codex for 40k and an army book for Fantasy. 40k wise the Daemon army will include a Daemon tank. Since they are going to be full-blown army books, I think we can expect a lot of units there. Daemon princes will be in, but I think it was Alessio Cavatore who said that they are quite low in the Hierarchy because the true Daemons look down on them for their mortal origins. It is said the 40k Daemon codex will not be compatible with the Chaos Marines codex. If the same will be true for the WHFB side, I don't know.

Ishkur Cinderhat
This is basically what I heard in a nut shell. I'm very excited about it.:)

Malificant:

the rumor that they will be one book is absolute crap. there is no way that GW could combine the two from different system into one book without lots of problems.

Arlon:

cant wait

Uzkul Werit:

Even if I could take Beasts and Mortals with my Daemons, I wouldn’t bother. Save the odd Spawn maybe.

AGPO:

I just can’t afford an all metal Daemon army. My I’ll agree with plaguebearers - I have a unit of 25 as a bodyguard to my great unclean one

Khaosbeardling:

I agree with you AGPO, all metal, I wish I had the money, but I don’t that’s why I’m trying to start off my DL bit by bit. Plastic demons would completely make my day.

AGPO:

I have the advantage of a pretty big mortal army, so I can add units here and there. It’s just at the moment daemonic cavalry are a no go, I can’t even counts as em except possibly as dragon ogres

Khaosbeardling:

So for DLs would I use Hordes of Chaos or is there another list I should use?

AGPO:

There is a list in storm of chaos, but I would only se it for big armies because a) the true core rule sucks and b) all your special and rare choices are hideously expensive and take a LOT of converting. Plus with the HoC list, you can mix stuff up a bit more. If I were you I’d do a progressive list. This is how I got my dark elves running. Slaaneshi chaos + some basic dark elf models = cult of slaanesh. Cult of Slaanesh + the likes of Exectioners and a hydra = dark elves. Likewise an ogre kingdoms can be built by adding units as rare choices which then builds to a dogs of war force with a unit of pikes and crossbows

Khaosbeardling:

Ok, not a bad idea, so how would I do a progressive list for a DL?