[Archive] waaaggh?!?

orcs of fire:

hi im new here and was wondering whether if you have orc/goblin units in a cd army can you call a waaaggh!?

snowblizz:

hi im new here and was wondering whether if you have orc/goblin units in a cd army can you call a waaaggh!?

orcs of fire
No. It is a rule that only exist in the Orc&Goblin armybook.

Time of Madness:

Yes unfortunately you can’t do that :frowning:

It would give the army some much needed mobility.

Time of Madness

dedwrekka:

Yes unfortunately you can't do that :(

It would give the army some much needed mobility.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Not really, it rarely works with even an orc and goblin army unless you're already very close to the enemy units. Even then there are many ways to avoid a Waaagh! charge.

I've never found it all that useful for orc units.

orcs of fire:

thanks…

i just thought it would be very useful with hobgoblin wolf riders

:wink:

Groznit Goregut:

The Waaagh! is an ability of the Orc or Goblin general. If the general dies, you cannot Waaagh! So, if you do not have a greenskin general, you cannot Waaagh! I do not think the special Hobgoblin lord character counts, though.

jolpis:

but it says in the errata that aminosity follows all the rules in the present rulebook

Valendr:

Aminosity and waaaaaaagh are totally unrelated subjects.

Groznit is 100% correct, It is the O or G general who can call the waaaagh (and the goblin does a crappy job of doing this as his voice is too squeaky anyway), therefore it is impossible for CD to call a waaaagh.

Swissdictator:

No, you can’t call a Waaagh. It’s a shame, though you do use the current animosity table so if you roll a 6 you go forward like they do. I know this applies to Goblins and Orcs. Would it be safe to assume that it is true Hobgobs too? I don’t have the PDF in front of me right now and I can’t remember.

It’s part of the reason I’m leaving away from Orcs and towards Black Orcs these days. Reliable and deadly (I used to take Big Uns and give them shields).

Ubertechie:

Sadly our greenskins cannot Waagh in the same way as normal greenskins can - but we are still bound by the new animosity table.

Swiss - Black orcs are significantly better than normal orcs - they hit harder, have a built in selection of weapons, come with heavy armour and best of all dont suffer animosity - If they werent 0-1 i think i would take at least 2 small units in every game as they are fantastic hammer / flanker units in conjunction with te dwarf infantry anvil blocks we have.