[Archive] Warband of Naagruz

Naagruz:

After basically leaving "The Hobby"™ in '97, I’ve recently come back to painting minis.  Thankfully, I didn’t sell off too much of my original collection and still have a fair mix of CD-related models.

This is what’s on the painting menu currently:

nitroglysarine:

good luck!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Blue in VT:

:hat off

Sounds like an excellent plan my friend…and an idea similiar to my own vision. I look fwd to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Blue

dncswlf:

Nice start you have going! Can’t wait to see your vision realized!!

tjub:

Great collection you have there, and a sounds like a solid plan as well… :slight_smile:

Zanko:

It looks like a very considerable force with many cool models! :hat off

I would like to see some more keener pics of the old “Mighty Ugezod’s Death Commandos”. I only knew the blurry pic from “the stuff of legends”! :wink:

:hashut

Naagruz:

Sorting out a color scheme & paint process is step#1 for me.

I’m thinking that most of the rank & file would benefit from some dipping. The polyurethane bulletproof exterior & the way dipping lends cohesion to different units is a big plus.

From here:

[attachment=2554]

To here:

tjub:

Looks great, but I wouldnt want to be in a swamp with that much armour… :stuck_out_tongue:

Naagruz:

Yes, I work slow.  80% travel does that to you.:smiley:

Shield concept:

tjub:

Ah, cool effect on the sheild. How did you do that?

Naagruz:

Ah, cool effect on the sheild. How did you do that?

tjub
With this stuff:
[attachment=2607]

You can find it in scrapbooking stores and online.  It's hands down the BEST crackle paint out there.  It's certainly nifty for adding more depth to weathering.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow that crackle paint is awesome! I need to give that a try one day. It certainly adds a great, unique effect to your mini.

Blue in VT:

:hat off yeah I like that shield idea…very original!

Blue

nitroglysarine:

that is an epic effect, looks really scaled correctly to. May I ask if you know a uk supplier for it?

Does it come off if knocked? or is it solid?

ingtar_shinowa:

I like you little guys! Really new and interesting paint scheme!

Shakhorth:

Very nice paintjob. Certainly shows how dirty swamps can be. :slight_smile:

dncswlf:

The crackled aged effect is wicked! Can’t wait to see more pieces!

Naagruz:

that is an epic effect, looks really scaled correctly to. May I ask if you know a uk supplier for it?
Does it come off if knocked? or is it solid?

nitroglysarine
The product site is HERE & the retailers list has multiple shops in the UK that stock it.;)

It will come off depending on how you treat it. For example, you can run a coat over Dorland's and then chip it out similar to the hairspray method. For this shield I gave it a coat of minwax to lock it down & provide some shading.

The effect is scalable to a degree and I've even used it with Epic 40K stuff.  White & clear are probably the best colors because you can tint them.  The other base colors are pretty neutral, which works out well for inks etc.

Naagruz:

Been on the road a fair bit, but I squeezed in some time to put new paint on an old mini.

Old Mini:

[attachment=2675]

New paint:

Abecedar:

great use of the crackle effect. why am I sitting here typing instead of painting?