[Archive] Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos

Arlon:

both nurgle special charecters are on palaquins (Kugath and epididimus)

Hashut’s Blessing:

minty, I thought it was from ANY Nurgle model’s poisoned wounds. Also, as to the Vampire lead Tzeentch daemons: When the fluff still had 5 bloodlines it mentioned two more that fled and disappeared. One went to Cathay or Ind and the other went North into the wastes. So, it’s not as unplausible as you might think :wink:

Grimstonefire:

Reading the Bloodcrusher description:

‘as it moved towards us we saw its countless close-rivetted plates, forged in dark fires, bound with runes and unearthly spite’.

Although they never made it clear who constructed these, it certainly could be the CD.  Unless the chaos gods have imprisoned some dwarf engineers, or they willed complex machines into existence, I can’t see anybody else who could have made them!

Hmm, thinking about this if the warhammer and 40k worlds were connected, it could be the same daemon forge masters that make the defiler and all the 4ok constructs.

Revlid:

minty, I thought it was from ANY Nurgle model's poisoned wounds. Also, as to the Vampire lead Tzeentch daemons: When the fluff still had 5 bloodlines it mentioned two more that fled and disappeared. One went to Cathay or Ind and the other went North into the wastes. So, it's not as unplausible as you might think ;)

Hashut's Blessing
The vampires are as follows:

Vashanesh/Vlad - Von Carstein Bloodline - North to the Wastes, before returning to Kislev and then to Sylvania. Killed by the Grand Theogonist.
Neferata - Lahmia - Stayed in the Silver Pinnacle.
W'Soran - Necrach - Stayed with Nagash, eventually killed and devoured by his apprentice, Melkhior. May still exist, in spirit.
Ushoran - Strigoi - Took over the necromantic kingdom of Mourkain in the Badlands, and was killed by an Orcish horde/shaman. As of a certain Black Library book, may be alive with amnesia (possibly the Black Prince).
Aborash - Blood Dragons - Drank the blood of a dragon, and promptly vanished.
Harakthe - ??? - Former Grand Vizier of Neferata. Went East, and presumably founded a Cathayan bloodline.
Maatmeses - ??? - Former High Justice of Lahmia. Went South, to the Southlands, and presumably founded a voodoo bloodline.

Of course, these seven aren't the only bloodlines. Particularly powerful or unique vampires can pass on their traits to their offspring, creating their own 'bloodline-lite', as seen in the Harkonians, the Carrion Children of Araby, and the myriad of Bloodline powers available in the new VC book.

Besides which , it's not unknown for the Undead to make pacts with the dark gods. Mannfredd is known to have enslaved several daemons for necromantic knowledge, the necromancer-priests of ancient Araby and Khemri contact/ed 'djinni' for magical secrets, and Heinrich Kemmler himself made a pact with Nurgle (later retconned to the Chaos Gods) in order to be returned to power.

So, in summary: No Chaos Vampire Bloodline.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I was going by what a friend had told me. He must have got confused with the fact Von Carstein went North and the random vampire that went South. My mistake, but thanks for the enlightenment. Also, Kemmler has a Chaos Wight following him around :wink:

Revlid:

Also, Kemmler has a Chaos Wight following him around ;)

Hashut's Blessing
As part of the deal, yes. :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

Excsiely :smiley: Also, I re-read Epidemius’ rules and it’s any wound made by ANY Nurgle model on either side. therefore, that’d count as magic, shooting (from a banner, I think is their only method, which’d still be magic, he he he) or close combat or even perhaps combat resolution? I would say no to combat res as it isn’t a model causing it, it is instability/undeath casuing it…

Braininthejar:

An Ogre against a Bloodthrister isn’t that ridiculous. There are Ogre tyrants powerful enough to fell a dragon with a single blow…

theimmortal:

give him some uber weapon like the (i think somthing like the starmace) and blam dead bloodthirster